slippers for nets

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Netrigger is a craftsman, purchase any nets of Bill, and i guarantee you wont be disappointed.

is there anything Mick disna sell.

you can make you own rings aswell drill a hole in a brush handel stick the end of the straining wire in and wrap the wire around the handel, cut and solder

ye made plenty like that years ago but found plastic 5 12 15 mm sheets and other bits if you had a good warm worshop you could wile away the time making them , neve rot and net would get feched beforer slider , you even get green fencing wire plastic coated that would do tomo , got apile of nets to ring up , been to busy hunting

millet any chance a sticking up a couple a pics or a description of your jig??? i have tried the sliders on nets but dont own any nets with them on, a mate has offered to make me some nets an i have some rods here, so id like a few on them to compare to the old rings over a period of time :thumbs:

Here you go mate..it's nothing flash and neither are the slider's but it is simple and effective..the slider's in the pic's are not stainless but they still do the job..the stainless one's are better but it's a bit more time consuming knocking them up as the wire is springey and need's batting about with a hammer.

img8402x.jpg

img8404w.jpg

img8406h.jpg

img8408zb.jpg

saw simular in france only they used a 8 shaped piece of leather or 1/4 ply with 2 holes in, then the net was knitted direct onto the other end or the draw cord and finshed on the leather or ply if that makes sense

millet any chance a sticking up a couple a pics or a description of your jig??? i have tried the sliders on nets but dont own any nets with them on, a mate has offered to make me some nets an i have some rods here, so id like a few on them to compare to the old rings over a period of time :thumbs:

Here you go mate..it's nothing flash and neither are the slider's but it is simple and effective..the slider's in the pic's are not stainless but they still do the job..the stainless one's are better but it's a bit more time consuming knocking them up as the wire is springey and need's batting about with a hammer.

img8402x.jpg

img8404w.jpg

img8406h.jpg

img8408zb.jpg

:D:thumbs:

Can some one explain why in detail?

you could youse the same logic, to explain rings,,,,after all purse nets dont even need them.............

i think some people think sliders are faster than rings,,, in all honesty i dowt theres anything in it,,,,, just somthing difrent and personal choise..

oh and of course making a slider saves you 10p on a ring :icon_redface:

Can some one explain why in detail?

you could youse the same logic, to explain rings,,,,after all purse nets dont even need them.............

i think some people think sliders are faster than rings,,, in all honesty i dowt theres anything in it,,,,, just somthing difrent and personal choise..

oh and of course making a slider saves you 10p on a ring :icon_redface:

you can make you own rings aswell drill a hole in a brush handel stick the end of the straining wire in and wrap the wire around the handel, cut and solder
  • Like 1