Recovery

I was wondering what the hunters the proper lads on here with hands on experience think about how much recovery a dog needs after a hard nights graft.

I read so many threads on here like" I'm out with the dogs 8 nights a week mate :)

I think a dog should have no more than 4 hard nights out then a rest' now before you disagree I'm not saying they carnt work 7 they can I'm on about recovery letting the muscles mend all the little ters we carnt see that will in the end lead to a bigger problem but I haven't had the experience with running dogs so I would like to no what you think and only the lads with hands on experience with a lot of dogs and a lot of nights out will have the answer.

Thank You

it depends on your individual dog,, there all difrent and when fully mature and fit,,, you have to lern what you can push them to do , without over dooing it,, none of my dogs could handle big nights out on the rabbits evrynight,,, 3 big nights would be max.

however i could go round local, and give them a dozen evrynight,,, see what i mean...

there are some dogs that could go go out and catch big numbers evrynight.... there all difrent

• Like 2

Totally depends on the dog and the amount of gear being put infront of it, you soon get to know your dog and will also get to know their limits. :thumbs:

One thing that helps with a dogs recovery time is a Mag box, I wouldnt be without mine ;)

Edited by redcharge

I no it depends on the dog' that's common sence

What I'm saying is would you agree that even the fittest dogs need a rest and 3- 4 nights is enough to deserve a rest.

We have to think for the dogs and be wise with what's best for them

If a greyhound broke its leg and you dangled a rabbit in front of it ? It would still try and grab it cause prey drive takes over so a dog can fool you it's ok when in fact it might not be

Totally depends on the dog and the amount of gear being put infront of it, you soon get to know your dog and will also get to know their limits. :thumbs:

One thing that helps with a dogs recovery time is a Mag box, I wouldnt be without mine ;)

i dont want to sound stupid,enlighten me what is a mag box,maybe i do sound stupid

i dont want to sound stupid,enlighten me what is a mag box,maybe i do sound stupid

Magnetic Field Therapy Units

Porta-Mag Magnetic Field Therapy Unit

Conditions for Performance for Work . Reduces Stress & Promotes Relaxation.

Treats Injuries & Ailments. Reduces & Relieves Pain & Discomfort Associated with: Inflammation, Arthritis, Rheumatism, Sprains, Strains & Fractures.

• Like 1

Treats Injuries & Ailments. Reduces & Relieves Pain & Discomfort Associated with: Inflammation, Arthritis, Rheumatism, Sprains, Strains & Fractures.

thankyou very much mate il look into that,its a new one to me,once again thanks

how much are they ,? regards recovery, last time had a hard night with Tod lots of runs + hard ground. i leave him off a couple of days to get right . When he comes out his kennel with spring in his step and full on , i know he is ready to go again same with Bryn .There is (no) point pushing them to quick, you only feck 'um long term. Dogs like Tod would still try to run any quarry even if there fecked . I had bullx before that dropped down dead , and fair few have gone the same way before lads have told, it seems more in this x than others .? you have to keep aeye on them.! :yes:

i got to admit, i think i expect too much of my dogs :icon_redface: i always have the best intentions, but with the wind in your face an a lamp in your hand its hard to stick to the 20 runs you had planned on leaving the house :icon_redface: :icon_redface: it dont help matters that i also have a bitch who is very close with me, an really dont like to be left in kennels if i go out, she hates being left in, an i hate leaving her in.., but i hate sitting in, so its not an easy call..

at the start of the season, i tend to give a lot more time off, but i genuinly think thats becuase i can see the dogs stiff/sore in no hurry to come out sleepbox in mornings but as the season progresses an the dog gets fitter an kenner i tend to up the work load..

i know its not the perfect way to do things, however i give my dogs the best i can, food/accomadation/meds an anything else they need, an who am i to stop the dog coming along if im out :blink:

i await the flack :laugh:

how much are they ,? regards recovery, last time had a hard night with Tod lots of runs + hard ground. i leave him off a couple of days to get right . When he comes out his kennel with spring in his step and full on , i know he is ready to go again same with Bryn .There is (no) point pushing them to quick, you only feck 'um long term. Dogs like Tod would still try to run any quarry even if there fecked . I had bullx before that dropped down dead , and fair few have gone the same way before lads have told, it seems more in this x than others .? you have to keep aeye on them.! :yes:

Spot on Bird !

Spot on Bird !

a heat lamp works wonder's as well, when you see him run about after rest he is like a feckin bullock :laugh:

how much are they ,? regards recovery, last time had a hard night with Tod lots of runs + hard ground. i leave him off a couple of days to get right . When he comes out his kennel with spring in his step and full on , i know he is ready to go again same with Bryn .There is (no) point pushing them to quick, you only feck 'um long term. Dogs like Tod would still try to run any quarry even if there fecked . I had bullx before that dropped

own dead , and fair few have gone the same way before lads have told, it seems more in this x than others .? you have to keep aeye on them.! :yes:

http://www.bossproducts.co.uk/items.asp?cat=25&desc=Porta-Mag%20Magnetic%20Field%20Therapy%20Units

how much are they ,? regards recovery, last time had a hard night with Tod lots of runs + hard ground. i leave him off a couple of days to get right . When he comes out his kennel with spring in his step and full on , i know he is ready to go again same with Bryn .There is (no) point pushing them to quick, you only feck 'um long term. Dogs like Tod would still try to run any quarry even if there fecked . I had bullx before that dropped

own dead , and fair few have gone the same way before lads have told, it seems more in this x than others .? you have to keep aeye on them.! :yes:

http://www.bossprodu...Therapy%20Units

thanks mate, but he does fine with heat lamp + electrolyts, when he as had a hard night :thumbs: