3 good reasons

can anybody give me 3 good reasons that after taking the time and spending good money on passing your level 1 that if you dont pass your level 2 inside 3 years you have to resit your level 1 again ..is it that they think your not clever enough to remember all you learned when you passed the first time you forget it all.lol..or is it just a way of squeezing a bit more money out of you

• Like 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you ever consider this as an evil you wish you never started though mate .If we'd all refused this paperwork and told them where to stick it we'd be in a better position now thats for sure .Red tap

can anybody give me 3 good reasons that after taking the time and spending good money on passing your level 1 that if you dont pass your level 2 inside 3 years you have to resit your level 1 again ..i

News on me that one Billy where have you got that information from?   If you dont complete your DSC2 in the 3 years you can apply for an extention and carry the modules through . Theres nothing that

News on me that one Billy where have you got that information from?

If you dont complete your DSC2 in the 3 years you can apply for an extention and carry the modules through . Theres nothing that says your DSC1 is valuless if you dont complete within the 3 years. what about those who dont imediately apply for a portfolio and obtain a few years experience before taking it on.

Regards

Stu

• Like 1

News on me that one Billy where have you got that information from?

If you dont complete your DSC2 in the 3 years you can apply for an extention and carry the modules through . Theres nothing that says your DSC1 is valuless if you dont complete within the 3 years. what about those who dont imediately apply for a portfolio and obtain a few years experience before taking it on.

Regards

Stu

:thumbs:

Talking of which

If any of you lads are still on the old blue portfolio and struggling getting a credible witness If you have your own ground etc if you pay me travelling expenses I will do it for nowt for you.

Those that havent got there own ground I still could sort something out for you with my stalking partner but he charges but no cost for filling in the portfolio hes also a assesor in the DMQ system so can act on the new portfolios as well. He also charges for his travelling and out of pocket expenses

Also if you contact Mark Howard here who is a friend of mine I am sure he could organize a package that will suit your training program/ requirements

www.stalkinginengland.co.uk

Cheers

Stu.

Edited by Caprelous

You have got t be having a giggle mate.I hate these bloody dmq's anyway but that is taking the piss big time .You can see why many have no interest in this worthless piece of paper .Bloody joke from start to finish.

well for what its worth , i took my dsc1 not long ago and i got to say i learnt a lot , so a bit unfair to say its worthless imglad i did it . i did mine with the british deer scociety and they were very good .

.. I think you may be confused, my understanding is that you have to complete level 2 within three years, it has nothing to do with level 1 . Once you pass level 1 that is a permanent qualification.

If that is right then why have a time limit on the DSC2?

What shit is this , something else to make money I have my DSC 1 but not two, I know people who have DSC2 who in my opinion do not have depth of knowledge, just paid there money and done it , but can't stalk for shit some of them, all the gear no idea, it's a money making scheme, there are a lot of true country men stalkers out there who get overlooked or discriminated against because they never did DSC 1or 2, I find it shameful that these very experienced people are ignored because they didn't take an imposed qualification, the lead ban for wildfowl was imposed that was crap two, imposed might sound strong but look how many syndicates insist on it,how many people over night could not afford to wildfowl when cartridge prices quadrupled, it's poor to say the least,

• Like 1

sorreeeeeeeeee that was my fault i read it wrong ..whoooops but it got you talking .lol..anyway can you tell me after passing level 1 how much it costs for your portfolio and how long its valid for... ie how much time do you have to fill it ..is it 3 years and if so and you dont have time or money to fill it do you have to pay for another after a certain time period ........thanks for putting me right caps i just heard it wrong mate and what it is iv got a buddy wants to go for his level 2 now to gain accsess on to land that is only open to level 2 holders only but like a lot of folk hes not got a lot of cash to splash ... he gained his level 1 a coupla years back on a gamekeeping course he attended and iv been taking him out on my land and seen how well he can stalk and shoot ( fox and deer) and he did manage to rent a wood with only his level 1 for a year ..id like to see him pass his level 2 for his benifit with the least cost and hassel as possible ..even tho i dont agree with it..lol..i feel it might become compulsary one day i doubt it will benifit deer much just people with there hand round other peoples balls ready to squeeze as hard as they can :icon_eek: lol

Edited by nastybilly
  • Like 1

sorreeeeeeeeee that was my fault i read it wrong ..whoooops but it got you talking .lol..anyway can you tell me after passing level 1 how much it costs for your portfolio and how long its valid for... ie how much time do you have to fill it ..is it 3 years and if so and you dont have time or money to fill it do you have to pay for another after a certain time period ........thanks for putting me right caps i just heard it wrong mate and what it is iv got a buddy wants to go for his level 2 now to gain accsess on to land that is only open to level 2 holders only but like a lot of folk hes not got a lot of cash to splash ... he gained his level 1 a coupla years back on a gamekeeping course he attended and iv been taking him out on my land and seen how well he can stalk and shoot ( fox and deer) and he did manage to rent a wood with only his level 1 for a year ..id like to see him pass his level 2 for his benifit with the least cost and hassel as possible ..even tho i dont agree with it..lol..i feel it might become compulsary one day i doubt it will benifit deer much just people with there hand round other peoples balls ready to squeeze as hard as they can :icon_eek: lol

There are those nut sqeezers out there i must admit as in the past i found out to my cost , thats why i speak with a sqeeky voice :D

Having said that there are also decent chaps out there who are prepared to help in the manner DMQ commitee try to promote the system. It isnt DMQ that are to blame as the system is fine its those individuals who charge for filling in the portfolio and dont proceed and administer it with good intentions that bring the system into disrepute.

They see it as a cash cow and in all fairness DMQ dont make anything out of this whatsoever other than the administration and supplying to the candidate a portfolio and administrating a certificate on completion after being examined by an internal and external verifyer to make sure the set statandards have been met.

A certificate lasts 3 years from induction but even after that period has been reached and not completed an extension to complete may be applied for by the candidate and the modules already completed so far are carried through. obviously if the candidate dosent apply for the extension they presume he or she no longer wishes to complete so after a period of time if no application was forthcoming they will presume they did not wish to continue and its at that stage all module that have been completed would be defunct , if the candidate wished at a later date to progress stalking once more then a new portfolio would be issued and he would have to start from scratch again.

There are guys out there inc myself who will help just for their travelling expenses to witness candidates on there own ground .

At the moment I can only assist personally those on the old blue portfolio as a credible witness under the present rules.

All I can say is witnessed by me it will be done to the book and there will be no issues in submission . I have as yet not decided to extend my witness credability to AW as it is time consuming especially if doing it for expenses only and that comitment on my part needs to be considered more in the future as and when the old blue portfolios become fewer.

Cheers

Stu

I am sorry about my preavious, post I do see the need for standards within the deer stalking arena,of the sport and in fairness I did not take time to read the starting post properly,just a bad day really, and people like you STU are the salt of the eath in my book, for spending your time to help others within the sport,I myself take kids out ferreting duck shooting,and a fair few new starts into the sport,see I believe pasionately that they are the future of it,and the one thing that will help stop the idiots banning it,over the last few days I have had two different people out stalking with me, granted one was my son his first time,

The clarity you have just cast on the subject/process of DMQ speaks volumes its clear and concise,which means to me you are the type of person,who should be a AW and I hope you do persue that,this post has raised the subject again in my head and I think I need to box my DMQ2 off

ATB

Darren

Do you ever consider this as an evil you wish you never started though mate .If we'd all refused this paperwork and told them where to stick it we'd be in a better position now thats for sure .Red tape and more red tape designed to extract the last penny from keen sportsmen just because they are just that .Ive met some real pompous blokes [that were probably the same without the dmq mind] that blurt out all the gumph but do the opposite and vice versa .A recent fallow cull said it all .

Why should anyone need a piece of paper to stalk deer ,none of the other disciplines require it , if anyone can answer that truthfully then i may bend and do the course but we'll see.Insurance yes is a must but a course to prove you can do what youve been doing for years ,get a life ffs.To say it proves you are competent dosnt cut it either as compitentcy comes with time served im afraid and not a weekend on a jolly .

Stuart is clearly one of lifes gents but this would still be so without the paperwork to worry about .

• Like 2