saluki and foxes

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First off, we aint friends.........Secondly, looky here dick beater, its hard enough to get dogs bred to catch and kill to do it consistently let alone dogs bred primarily for hare and some tiny ass g

I doubt that the average saluki would be worth a damn on fox.

rottie before dinner akita after them a wolf for supper

Only one of mine has not taken them with gusto, with the one didn't it was more like he viewed them as off limits in the same way as he would view sheep, poulty etc he just didn't look at them. He was a rescued dog so I did not have him as young dog so I don't know if with correct entering things might have been different. He wasn't fiery dog like all my other Saluki have been so maybe it just wasn't in him.

3 of the Salukis I have/have had would kill other dogs given the opportunity that I have no doubt about and that includes those larger then themselves, I'm not saying this to impress anyone, I'm just telling it as it is.

I doubt that the average saluki would be worth a damn on fox.

That depends what you mean by average, if you consider the average saluki in the west is a show dog then you are likely right but even then I know of plenty of show salukis that have a real passion for taken out foxes.

Really don't where this notion comes from that Salukis are soft, nervy dogs because in my experience they are nothing of the sort and I find it hard to believe mine are anything special or unique.

have had most crosses and al the saluki blooded ones took fox or i would not of kept them in fact the best lurcher i ever owned on fox was a saluki greyhound/collie greyhound bitch who was still taking fox at 9 years old my current dog has suluki in him and takes foxes for fun he sees lots works with terriers all day round cover or holes and probley takes 40 a season he is now about 7 still going strong

Only one of mine has not taken them with gusto, with the one didn't it was more like he viewed them as off limits in the same way as he would view sheep, poulty etc he just didn't look at them. He was a rescued dog so I did not have him as young dog so I don't know if with correct entering things might have been different. He wasn't fiery dog like all my other Saluki have been so maybe it just wasn't in him.

3 of the Salukis I have/have had would kill other dogs given the opportunity that I have no doubt about and that includes those larger then themselves, I'm not saying this to impress anyone, I'm just telling it as it is.

Would the do a rottie or akita?

• Like 1

rottie before dinner akita after them a wolf for supper :thumbs:
  • Like 2

rottie before dinner akita after them a wolf for supper :thumbs:

A Pug for elevenses ?

• Like 1