whippet and foxes

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes some of them can and do , but it wouldnt be my choice of weapon. and contrary to popular belief you dont need a bull x.

all you need is a whippet built like this and no reverse gear

Summat tells me you are a youngster, not that its out to do with me, but here is my advice to you for what its worth, ive been running working whippets for a good few years now, and have always made i

Posted Images

Guest PIKEYLAMPER

How come nobody have seen these whippets recently everyone that has seen whippets on fox r all 10-15 years ago Is that so nobody can call your bluff I think it is there is no way a whippet will take a fox they might knock one over then when they realise they can't fetch it back an they bite they then stand still an watch old foxy trott off pissing itself laughing

I would need to see it with my own eyes to belive a average ped whippet 18-20 tts on a fox single handed preban.

Yeah they would prob get stuck in doubled up with bigger stronger dog or a pack of whippets, im not disputing that.

Even if you were that stupid enough to put little whippet on fox regular single handed, Crack on wouldnt like to see yer vet bills.

All ya ever here is bull x when it comes to fox etc what a load of shit they are the most overated lurchers out there collie/grey or Wheaton/grey will do it best

agree with you ther mate bull x's do the job but ive watched collie x do it and they impressed me more than the bull just smashing things

All ya ever here is bull x when it comes to fox etc what a load of shit they are the most overated lurchers out there collie/grey or Wheaton/grey will do it best

agree with you ther mate bull x's do the job but ive watched collie x do it and they impressed me more than the bull just smashing things

Mate you obviously seen some shite bull x then

depends what you mean by "go "in themdoesnt it, if you mean determination, then yes most running dogs do have a shit load, but i dont know why people slag whippets off, trusty little dogs, and alot of people on here go by what theyve heard rather than seen..i know of a couple of bull x's who was put back in their cage after my bitch was pissed off with them not a trace of bull in her...and shes soft as shit...just cos a dog doesnt show a front all the time doesnt mean it hasnt got the minerals to do the job in hand...its not as if the fox got to be intimidated first to run , this line will reoccur very often..."not size of the dog in the fight its size of the fight in the dog" same breeding can alter y'know, all got diffrent personalities..or are all whippets the same, and that stands for every other cross?...

WELLSAID ROB LAD-PEOPLE NEED TO STOP LISTENING TO THE KEYBOARD WARRIORS-GET OUT AND DO A BIT-NOTHING WRONG WITH WHIPPETS-MORE HEART THAN MOST DOGS TWICE THE SIZE OF EM.ATBBOB

Mate you obviously seen some shite bull x then

ok mate if u say so my point was that bull x jus smash things to bits cuz they got the build n weight , but a colliexgh has to be more clever and agile atleast the ones ive seen in action

There is a lot of chat on here. . . some of it makes sense, and some is just retarded.

At the end of the day, if you plan to tackle foxes regular, then a whippet is not the dog for the job. There is a reason that the 'majority' of fox dogs have terrier blood in them, especially bull, and wheaten. They take punishment better, and have a natural instinct for tackling things that fight back.

Now at the same time, it's daft as feck to say that no whippet can take a fox, or even do it multiple times. In comparisson to an average fox, there are some big whippets out there, and as said, they have some impressive grit and drive. Obviously however, they do suffer somewhat from the size of their jaw.

The thing is, no one has told them this!

I thing Redawn put it best. They are great catch dogs, but to expect one to have to finish the dog every time is maybe a bit far. However, i would be disappointed in a whippet who, when a fox got up in front daytime, didn't get stuck in to the best of it's ability.

Mine goes wild for the scent of them :thumbs:

• Like 3

ive had patts that could kill foxes to ground , so there no disbelief in a whippet having ago but huntings not a wresling match in out kill the game and move on , ive stuck to that method of hunting no contest , cant beassed with all this whippet takes foxes so does lots of small patts lakies but , its not something, that i would go on about hunting game you use a dog thta suits the game , not a contest or a death struggle thats not whats poaching hunting is about in my eyes ,