whippet and foxes

why risk a whippet on one?

Not having ago just asking! :thumbs:

there are a lot of foxes in my area i see when out on the rabbits. was just curious, if he got on the tail of one would he get f**Ked thats all lol.

Summat tells me you are a youngster, not that its out to do with me, but here is my advice to you for what its worth, ive been running working whippets for a good few years now, and have always made it clear that i do rabbits only, but yes accidents do happen when out with your dogs, would your dog get f****d if he met up with one, in all probability , YES it would

cheers keith

• Like 5

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes some of them can and do , but it wouldnt be my choice of weapon. and contrary to popular belief you dont need a bull x.

all you need is a whippet built like this and no reverse gear

Summat tells me you are a youngster, not that its out to do with me, but here is my advice to you for what its worth, ive been running working whippets for a good few years now, and have always made i

Posted Images

there are a lot of foxes in my area i see when out on the rabbits. was just curious, if he got on the tail of one would he get f**Ked thats all lol.

Summat tells me you are a youngster, not that its out to do with me, but here is my advice to you for what its worth, ive been running working whippets for a good few years now, and have always made it clear that i do rabbits only, but yes accidents do happen when out with your dogs, would your dog get f****d if he met up with one, in all probability , YES it would

cheers keith

well yeah im 26 and new to the game. im only really interested in rabbits as well, ive just been bumping into a lot of foxes and was just curious like i said. cheers :)

cheers keith

well yeah im 26 and new to the game. im only really interested in rabbits as well, ive just been bumping into a lot of foxes and was just curious like i said. cheers :)

Make friends with somebody whos got a bullx ;)

my whippet ,who is only small, caught a duck out lamping a few years ago.The ducks quacking drew a big dog fox straight to her so she dropped the duck and got stuck in, i slipped the deerhound and it was all over, the whippet had a big gash on her shoulder.

From then on she hated foxes , anything with teeth to the degree that i am careful where i lamp her.

whippets are excellent catch dogs for foxes but to ask a whippet to to do it solo is just being unreasonable, especially if you plan on doing it with any regularity, get the proper tool for the job you wanna do, simples........

Thats it, tool for the job, i remember only to well my first encounter wi fox, i work 2 whippets, vast difference in height n weight, my little bluey who most whippet owners would look down there nose at, she will, and does get stuck in, because like ive stated . accidents do happen, but it took the help pf my other bigger bitch to finish the job, but i was proud of their efforts, and let em be, ive known of dogs for the jobs, coming a cropper

cheers keith

because bull x are the greatest ......................... :haha::nono:

here we go, we'l have whippets are pussys, cos theyre thin skinned, skinny boned things again lol

your better off asking someone who worked whippets for years mate, this will cos a bitching session like

yeah ive noticed that alot on this site mate tbf. ive never had any problems with tears or breaks, and mine is far from a pussy, more go than my mates bull x !!

i have seen the same thing myself-whats with putting down the little dogs like?

cheers keith

because bull x are the greatest ......................... :haha::nono:

better then what other breeds i've seen work youth.