Whippets & Whippet X's

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont mind whippets, but I like the small crosses better...        

i've a real soft spot for whippets, worked them mainly at rabbits but the right sort will take the odd hare and fox and don't have to be monsters for that either. i found they suffer when standing abo

rabbits n rats

Posted Images

i've a real soft spot for whippets, worked them mainly at rabbits but the right sort will take the odd hare and fox and don't have to be monsters for that either. i found they suffer when standing about while ferreting though, so changed to something with a bit more coat, which suited me better, added Mike brown stuff to the mix recently for a extra touch of early pace with ferreting in mind.

young Slim, 1/2 whippet 1/4 greyhound 1/4 bedlington

jtkw1u.jpg

25ix11j.jpg

m7wg2o.jpg

FINE DOGS LAWRENCE

Yes your right , I thought that was why you used those out x s as the original line would be very watered down as there would be 6 different families introduced which all unrelated would make it very hard to forsee would you would get. That's why I thought you were going for speed.

i've a real soft spot for whippets, worked them mainly at rabbits but the right sort will take the odd hare and fox and don't have to be monsters for that either. i found they suffer when standing about while ferreting though, so changed to something with a bit more coat, which suited me better, added Mike brown stuff to the mix recently for a extra touch of early pace with ferreting in mind.

jtkw1u.jpg

25ix11j.jpg

m7wg2o.jpg

FINE DOGS LAWRENCE

thats a tidy pup mate

jtkw1u.jpg

25ix11j.jpg

m7wg2o.jpg

hi mate, is the b/w pup out of the litter you bred in the summer, how they coming on?

This is a 20 inch racing wippet x with a greyhound austrailin cattle dog mix lurcher my first lurcher for 30yr,he is a very capable little dog 9 1/2 month old 22 inch to the shoulder now taking rabbits to ferrets and nets / longnets,retreives crows, swims, he has had only a few open runs on rabbits with lamp and hasnt shamed himself,I am falling in love with these breeds,they are not what you think,this dog joins in with the spaniel lab and pointer,he is starting to work alongside them in a team manner, I dont believe these dogs are just rabbit and rat dogs,I am going to experiment with this dog and see what he is capable of, over the next summer the prey drive in these dogs is amazing,its a case of if they can be taught to use it in the proper manner,I always wanted to train a net dog for longnetting,dads was a hill cattle collie dog x with a terrier,dont know how he trained it but would like to try with this boy,if I can find some reference to their training,

024-2.jpg

025.jpg

041.jpg