so whats classed as a jacker

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feck me, ten ton of variables on what is classed as a jacker on here, this is my tuppence worth.   First off a yapper ain't a jacker! Seen plenty of dogs that were loud down the beam kill foxes for

Any dog will jack if he is ran hard enough,they are only dogs not f*****g machines

A "jacker" to me, is a dog when, say, running a hare and it gives up or doesn't try, when there is nothing obviously wrong with it. No "heart", "minerals", "bottle", whatever you want to call it. A do

didn't think you did nobody ever does mate that's the problem it's down to every mans opinion what you class as "worked hard and tested dog" or a jacker "like every dog on here" except your's sorry, might be what someone else thinks is a good dog.

all the best

worked hard is self explanatory in my eyes, doing its job an doing it often, a few times a week in my case, yeah we all have diffrent standards, but im sure if we are all totally honest to ourself an each other, then the vast majority of folk will agree on the same faults in working dogs, some are just happier than others to live with them faults or flaws n the dogs :victory:

didn't think you did include them mate, That's the trouble what you call "worked hard enough" and a Jacker "like all dogs on this site" someone else will think they work their dogs hard enough and they arn't jackers. It's all down to opinions and making a statement like you did all dogs are jackers on here or not worked hard enough (apart from yours that is) is a bold statement to make good luck any way and all the best

didn't think you did include them mate, That's the trouble what you call "worked hard enough" and a Jacker "like all dogs on this site" someone else will think they work their dogs hard enough and they arn't jackers. It's all down to opinions and making a statement like you did all dogs are jackers on here or not worked hard enough (apart from yours that is) is a bold statement to make good luck any way and all the best

you seem to be jumping to a lot of conclusions matey, i never said all the dogs, i said most the dogs, an i never said my dogs were any good at what i do, i said they get tested to know whether they are any good :laugh: so if you read what i wrote properly, my dogs wouldnt be in that category, as they have been tested :laugh:

Edited by reddawn

A "jacker" to me, is a dog when, say, running a hare and it gives up or doesn't try, when there is nothing obviously wrong with it. No "heart", "minerals", "bottle", whatever you want to call it. A dog that gives up on a chase, because it has been run into the ground and has no wind left, or is carrying an injury, isn't a "jacker", the owner is an idiot.... but there are still people who will call a dog a "jacker", when it simply has no more left in the tank !!

Cheers.

• Like 3

A "jacker" to me, is a dog when, say, running a hare and it gives up or doesn't try, when there is nothing obviously wrong with it. No "heart", "minerals", "bottle", whatever you want to call it. A dog that gives up on a chase, because it has been run into the ground and has no wind left, or is carrying an injury, isn't a "jacker", the owner is an idiot.... but there are still people who will call a dog a "jacker", when it simply has no more left in the tank !!

Cheers.

surely thats down to the dogs capabilities, rather than its heart, dogs cant run forever, but i agree, with the pulling up or losing heart, a dog which dont give 100% when you know it can, is what i call a jacker :victory:

Edited by reddawn

Cheers.

surely thats down to the dogs capabilities, rather than its heart, dogs cant run forever, but i agree, with the pulling up or losing heart, a dog which dont give 100% when you know it can, is what i call a jacker :victory:

I'm not sure what you mean in your first sentence; but there are dogs that don't have the capabilities to catch a good hare, but will die trying, these dogs are not "jackers"... then there's dogs that have the capability to catch a hare, and do one day, but the next, they put in a halfhearted run, and give up, even tho' they still had a chance; these dogs, to me are "jackers".

Cheers.

• Like 1

Cheers.

I'm not sure what you mean in your first sentence; but there are dogs that don't have the capabilities to catch a good hare, but will die trying, these dogs are not "jackers"... then there's dogs that have the capability to catch a hare, and do one day, but the next, they put in a halfhearted run, and give up, even tho' they still had a chance; these dogs, to me are "jackers".

Cheers.

thats what i was trying to say :icon_redface:

Red Dawn when you say your dogs are tested, do you mean on bunnies ? As for me that's no test for most dogs?

A jacker for me is a dog that barks and doesn't get stuck in or runs around pretending to try...

wel im afraid bunnys is the only thing i can test the dogs on, as i dotn have access to lots of rats, an as for bunnys not being a test for most dogs lol try doing it most nites of the week, granted they dont get all the scars of your fox dogs, but most dogs will an do sicken of bunnys quickly when the workload is there :victory:

• Like 1

Reddawn sorry mate but how do you know most dogs on here are jackers and most have never been tested or worked hard enough.

In my opinion a jacker is a hare dog that pulls up midway through a course, a lurcher that will course it's quarry then will not pull it (fox) that is or again pulls up mid course, and a terrier that comes out before you break through.

Iv'e seen lurchers yap at the back of rabbits and saluki x's yap at the back of hares but still see the course through and catch the quarry would anyone class them as a jacker?

Would anyone class a terrier a jacker if it stood of it's quarry and barked and didn't go straight in and get a face full?

• Like 1
Guest long-tail

a dog that takes quary on a regular basis when run fit and injury free that one day decides itself.....................enough is enough it dont want play anymore

Edited by long-tail