Cormorants wiping out fish. HELP

Well isnt this thread all jolly.....is it the fact its fish or the bird in question doesn't have a 'hook beak'...? ..... :hmm: Shoot it, drown it, net it.......i shall remeber this next summer when some young keeper is getting his poults killed by some b*****d smelly c**t of a Buzzard... :censored:

so up north the buzzards hang about in packs of 10 plus like the commerants do, do they?

theres the difference

Not uncommon to see 10-15 in the air up here buddy!!..... :yes: Just making the point that its seems to be acceptable on here to shoot a cormorant thats taking fish but not a hook beak taking birds. Probably something to do with the anti-keeper stuff you get on here!!

Get the same numbers here lab.Just no pheasants here for them they just steal the sparrowhawks kills round here.

Got a pair of commorants on our river now.......we got a nice head of brownies in there aswell.......for now.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it ain't the cormoRANTS its the immigRANTS !!

Well isnt this thread all jolly.....is it the fact its fish or the bird in question doesn't have a 'hook beak'...? ..... Shoot it, drown it, net it.......i shall remeber this next summer when some yo

so are you saying its ok to go out and break the law stubby,, you may think its ok to break the law,you just can't go and shoot them Ats will as you say but but saying so it may lead to people doing

Well isnt this thread all jolly.....is it the fact its fish or the bird in question doesn't have a 'hook beak'...? ..... :hmm: Shoot it, drown it, net it.......i shall remeber this next summer when some young keeper is getting his poults killed by some b*****d smelly c**t of a Buzzard... :censored:

Oh and good morning folks..... :bye:

the main difference mate is they shouldnt be there, they come inland as the stocks in the sea are gone and prey on the freshwater fish, they also do nothing for the native water birds, they outcompete them and they destroy bankside habitat with their roosts, its like a dead fish sewage farm beneath, not nice.

dont you keepers keep all your birds in pens when theyre young anyway? least thats where my sunday roast comes from! :bye::toast:

the main difference mate is they shouldnt be there, they come inland as the stocks in the sea are gone and prey on the freshwater fish, they also do nothing for the native water birds, they outcompete them and they destroy bankside habitat with their roosts, its like a dead fish sewage farm beneath, not nice.

dont you keepers keep all your birds in pens when theyre young anyway? least thats where my sunday roast comes from! :bye::toast:

Pen...Pond....an inclosure to keep your birds/fish not much of a difference here.... :hmm: Dont get me wrong shoot the b*****ds if there causing a nuisance, by all means protect your stock. I just thought it was a tad funny that nothing was said yet if i started a post about shooting a Buzzard id be hung drawn and quartered.!!!.... :yes:

Pen...Pond....an inclosure to keep your birds/fish not much of a difference here.... :hmm: Dont get me wrong shoot the b*****ds if there causing a nuisance, by all means protect your stock. I just thought it was a tad funny that nothing was said yet if i started a post about shooting a Buzzard id be hung drawn and quartered.!!!.... :yes:

Agree with you fully.

When someones livelihood is being threatened by birds or animals, it makes no difference what species is the culprit, whether it has a hooked beak or not, nor whether it's commonly considered to be cute and cuddly (some people think Buzzards are) or plain damned ugly (many people think Cormorants are).

Cormorants receive the same level of legal protection as Buzzards, so therefore no one should be openly advising anyone to just go out and shoot them.

• Like 1

speaking from a prestige point of view, applying for a license sounds ok, but you normally have to prove every means to deter them has been done first, ie the inflatables, flashing lights etc, which if the guy is skint, ain't going to happen, plus you may get permission to shoot 3 or 4 a year, but what of the rest

Ive heard early morning visits work well with a rimfire, making sure to remove and dispose of any bodies, also finding roosting trees (heck of a lot of shit underneath) but of course I'm not saying you should do that

we live in the real world here

so are you saying its ok to go out and break the law stubby,, you may think its ok to break the law,you just can't go and shoot them Ats will as you say but but saying so it may lead to people doing so,, funny how things come round ain't it mate,, lol not so long back there was a similar post about badgers,,,,,i said shoot them !!! As easy as and you tried to have a go at me for saying things that may incite others to carry out illegal doings ,in fact you were way above yourself that modship brings to some tossers on here., lol love it haha,, like i said what goes round comes round mr,,,, a mod with a brain of a pea who knows jack shit most of the time :thumbs: good luck stubs,,, ps before you reply o me look back on what you said to me you thought i was another kid i guess but you just read back.

• Like 2

In country's where the control of cormorant is legal, one method used is to hook a fresh fish with a treble, tie this to a strong line, tie the line to a brick or rock. Place this on the edge of an island or on a platform over the water. Cormo takes the bait and down she goes. Thinking about it this may be good for otter as well.

All this may be of no use if your mate's lake is over here as this is not legal in the uk.

Dave