Pups first victim

I was having a lovely mooch with my wife and dogs at luchtime, in the local woods not far from the house. Me and the wife are having a chat keeping an eye on the dogs and just relaxing, making plans for the weekend. As we rounded a corner to a path with woodland either side two old ladies out rambling appeared, again enjoying the fresh air. Then it all went wrong, my 9 month old lurcher was hammering around looking for my springer and suddenly ran across the path of the rambler completely taking her legs out from under her in the process. It was as if she didnt even notice she had hit the rambler as she just kept going with out slowing a bit, the old girl almost completed a 360 turn coming down at the weirdest angle I have ever seen.

All I could think was oh shit she has got to be dead, this is gonna be expensive(just kidding). The lady got up stunned, I dont think she knew where she was. Then she said she was fine and that accidents happen and limped off dazed and confused being supported by her companion. I quickly called the dogs and headed home before she had a heart attack or a stroke from the shock.

I have never seen anything like it, how can a 22" grey/deer X whip pup just plough through someone like that and not even flinch?

It was impressive though! Perhaps she is a grey OLDdeerX. LOL

Pat

• Like 1

Accidents happen,if you think it was funny knocking an old woman over,then your a prick,find out where she lives and pass her a bottle of something,or flowers and apologise properly,she may end up with a little repect for an immature lurcher owner then.

• Like 1

Accidents happen,if you think it was funny knocking an old woman over,then your a prick,find out where she lives and pass her a bottle of something,or flowers and apologise properly,she may end up with a little repect for an immature lurcher owner then.

It was written in jest and kept lighthearted, apologies were of course given to the poor old lady.

You use language like that towards me again son and I will be saying hello to YOU very soon.

It was written in jest and kept lighthearted, apologies where of course given to the poor old lady.

You use language like that towards me again son and I will be saying hello to YOU very soon.

I kept the reply light hearted,i don,t do silly threats,grow up.

It was written in jest and kept lighthearted, apologies where of course given to the poor old lady.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Fair play Morton, my mistake. Felt bad enough about the incident all day. Just wanted to share the incident with the other guys on here to hear if similar things have happened to them, It might make me feel a little better. Thought that id kept it light hearted, it might get a kinder response. Definately not bragging about it pal ;)

Pat

it only sounds like you were laughing at the fact that a small dog and a pup could do it,Anyway my dog has nearly done it a few times, narrowly missing people, i shit myself everytime as shes 29tts and about 75 pound, shes taken a few dogs out, but only when they badger her lol

Cheers fellas, you are right. I was more surprised a pup of her size can spin a fully grown adult in the air! Glad its not just me with a head case for a dog. Thanks for reading it in the way intended, some guys on here just seem to have a go at the slightest thing, I thought the idea of this site was to swap stories and support other like minded people, we have enough enemies out there without fighting amongst ourselves.

Pat

I got taken out the game by a big soft rottie, was going out on a Saturday afternoon and had all the good gear on, took bitch out to the park for a bomb around and she was playing chase with the thing whilst I was talking to the woman owner. You know when your tip toeing across the grass as to not get your best togs manky? We are talking away when next thing I'm in a heap in the muddy grass with the woman standing over me trying not to laugh! I said "you can laugh if you want coz I would" and we burst out laughing, I picked myself up and limped home with my pride hurt the most.

actually, the old dear was her 2nd victim. As in one of my previous posts, a couple of months ago the pup ran in to me from behind sending me in to the air and leaving me in a state on the floor. Perhaps someone is trying to tell me to get rid of her before she kills me off! I am told deer hound X's are usually clumsy but I didnt think she would be this bad. I just hope she doesnt hit a tree at that speed!