hw 100, bsa r-10, aa s410 which one

just a quick question guys, was wondering which order, starting with the one that you would consider best for performance in the field, and then down to 3rd best.(22 cal)

then i would also like to know you thoughts on the same rifles, but in 177 cal. just to see if anyone had a different order from best worst in different cal.?. probably been done to death already, but if it has i missed it, so would be great to hear your thoughts. cheers guys

Unfair question To be honest!

Depends on the shooters ability and how comfortable the shooter is with the particular gun :yes:

What you may find performs best, I may find performs the worst in my hands and vice-versa :yes:

.22 -v- .177 again down to personal preferance! .177 pellets are usually a bit cheaper than .22

Tony

Hi IMO you will not go wrong with the HW100 in both .22 or .177. When i was looking i had a look at the r10 and the AA510 .went on the web and did my homework then tried all 3 then i chose HW100. It felt right it shot pellet on pellet fantastic.

• Like 1

the reason for asking is, i have just bought a hw100 22. i was thinkin bout the r-10, but the 100 came up at the right price. having previously owned a hw100 i know the capabilitys of the rifle, but heard a lot of good reviews bout the r-10, but also have 2 mates that use s410. 1 uses the classic, the other the carbine version. the hw isnt in pristine condition. its been put away damp and has a bit of surface rust on the barrel. i know its just cosmetics, but anyone got any ideas bout shifting it??

cheers in advance. :thumbs:

Bit of surface rust?

scrunch up a little aluminium foil and use it like a scouring pad on the rust!

Sounds daft? its harder than the rust, but no where near as hard as the steel of the gun.

Works a treat, then a wipe over with an oily rag, SORTED :thumbs:

Tony

Ive had an R10 22 for well over a year now and claimed quite alot of pest/ vermin with it. The balance and weight of the gun i believe is spot on for me, The shot count is good 180 in 22./ 150 in 177, more if you get it blueprinted or tench tuned???

and the accuracy with my 22 gun is unreal, along with the stopping power,it makes it a deadly hunting kit, whitch i am very confident of using!!

I have also bought a hw100k 177, but had a new light weight cylinder fitted for obiviously reasons, lighter gun and better shot count? ive only had it a few weeks so not used it enough to give you a full SP on it?

but as you well know? german engineering is up there with the best!

the thing i love about the hw100 is the 14 shot mag, so simple! and the cocking mechanisim spot on!

chris

Think Tony summed it up pretty well, in that it will be which fits you best... I've got the s410 in both calibres and a BSA r10 MK2 (.177) (£625 new bargain :D) ... all very good guns... I've been somewhat very impressed with the BSA and having tried the HW100 at HFT I didn't get along with it so it was an obvious choice.

Calibre wise, personally I think .22 is great to get to grips with the trajectory... but I quickly moved over to .177... and saying you'll only ever have one... is fairly futile... as... I've found out at the expense of my wallet

for me:

1. bsa
  2. s410
  3. Hw100

Edited by Rommels

All Very nice Guns HW 100 KT in .177 was My second choice gun But The MK 2 Rapid in .177 is My Choice, :angel:

What was good for the Legend John Darling 20 yrs ago is good enough for Me.

the Rapid has stood the test of time and is a proper work horse, It just Evolves

And out shoots Me every time :icon_redface: .

Bit of surface rust?

scrunch up a little aluminium foil and use it like a scouring pad on the rust!

Sounds daft? its harder than the rust, but no where near as hard as the steel of the gun.

Works a treat, then a wipe over with an oily rag, SORTED :thumbs:

Tony

Good piece didnt know that have you any more little gem's say stock refurbs Phantom ???