Comments by Jermey Clarkson

"I mean, how dare they go on strike when they've got these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living."

What are your thoughts on this? I like Jeremey but I dont know how he has the nerve the say "rest of us work for a living" when some of the people on strikes worked for the NHS or teachers for example. All he does is get paid stupid amounts of money to drive fancy cars in exotic places.

I dont really have an opinion of the strikes.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

clarkson is one of the few celebrity's who publicly sticks up for hunting so thats all that matters to me, he is a legend!!!

He,s a tit who thinks it,s funny to be controversial , the people who went on strike , arn,t militant or left wing or extreemists of any sort , just average people backed in to a corner , because the

my missus has one of those guilt edged pensions hes on about. she has to pay 7.5 percent of her wage into it. they now want to take more off her ,pay out less and make her wait an extra 4 years to cla

He,s a tit who thinks it,s funny to be controversial , the people who went on strike , arn,t militant or left wing or extreemists of any sort , just average people backed in to a corner , because the Government are making them suffer for the dishonesty and incompetence of bankers .

• Like 5

I think it was probably just Clarkson's type of sarcastic humour, and people have decided to jump on the bandwagon making it out to be worse. That is the type of thing he would say with that 'look' on his face meaning he meant it to be the opposite (if you get my drift?)

• Like 5

He,s a tit who thinks it,s funny to be controversial , the people who went on strike , arn,t militant or left wing or extreemists of any sort , just average people backed in to a corner , because the Government are making them suffer for the dishonesty and incompetence of bankers .

I agree, he's a tit. can't stand to watch him, always reminds me of an arrogant, public schoolboy.

• Like 3

I agree, he's a tit. can't stand to watch him, always reminds me of an arrogant, public schoolboy.

you wouldn't think he was a lad from Doncaster would you.

Why have a go at one of the few people with the balls to actually say what they mean? Personally I agree with the above statement, the public sector have a much better pension and everyone is feeling the cuts so what makes them so special as to be exempt? I would rather the money come from benefits and immigration though so I do not think it is fair that any hard working person has to take even more of a burden to support filth. The strike just meant businesses suffered and made the economy even worse, I think it was selfish expecially if they were still negotiating as they were still having meetings....

• Like 2

I'm inclined to agree wilth Molly, unless someone could put his quote into precise context.

I like him because hes not affraid to speak his mind, not to mention the fact the top gear lads are all pro hunting/shooting. I do feel in recent years though that they are getting a bit desperate for good tv and are putting on a bit of an act.

As for the strikes, I don't really know the ins and outs and don't particularly care but from the little I do know I'm inclined to say "welcome to the real world now stop whining". Fair play to em for making a stand though, rightly or wrongly.

• Like 1

clarkson is one of the few celebrity's who publicly sticks up for hunting so thats all that matters to me, he is a legend!!! :thumbs:

I would normally agree with that (the pro hunting bit not the legend bit cos I can't stand him). But I heard the recording on the radio of what he said, and for a pro hunter to say 'they should all be taken outside and shot', well regardless of whether you're for or against the strikes, that's not the sort of support we want.

• Like 1