bit ov advies got stoped by police tonight

It's ilegal to hunt ANY mammal with dogs, day or night, including rabbits ! Rabbits and rats have an exemption ONLY if you hav WRITTEN PERMISSION from the landowner or tenant, so if you didn;t have written permission, and you were lamping, then the copper was right !! Any amount of barrack room lawyers will tell you it's ok to lamp rabbits; but believe me, IT'S NOT unless you have WRITTEN PERMISSION !!!

Cheers.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is there anything more irritating than a cop preaching you about the law and you know for a fact he's wrong? shockingly unprofessional.....how can they possibly be out policing if they don't even know

make a formal complaint, harassment.

Yes it DOE'S have to be written. If you don't have your permission letter with you, how doe's the cop know you have permission ? .... OH !! That's right !!! He 'phones the farmer or landowner at 3 o'c

well Thats what i thort (jumped up little P**k) never minde i was on me way home any way think he been watching to much of that widle life patrol just glad we didnt see what we intended to go out for then could of been a different post

its here for all to see that your a very smart little boy and im sure you will never have any problems in the future.

bogger who you calling a little boy you dont know who i am and i dont know who you are so lets keep it that way and keep your coments to your self

thats right i dont know you and judging by the divy posts you put up on here im very lucky.

as far as keeping my comments to my self a forum would be very boring if people didnt comment.

as for little boy, keep posting and proving me right :thumbs:

on the way home tonight me and a mate got stoped by a police car and they got out and said what we were doing was ilegle lamping rabbits at night now i know this is a load of bull and i said to him that it wernt and asked him why every time we have been stopped by the police befour they have only done a quick stop check and let us carry on with the night and his reply to that was the other police men didnt know the law and then he started saying about the hunting act and i said to that was its only ilegle to lamp hare/fox/badger/deer and he said no its still ilegle to lamp any game at night so he took my name and were i lived and said they will be in touch with me do i have any thing to worry about

a rabbit is not game its classed as vermin hes wrong and lying to you as long as you have permission your doing nothing wrong

still they aint ilegle to lamp or ferret tho iv got a lot ov permission round where i live and worked on getting for the last 5 years or so and have always respected the farmers wishes all ways kept to the fields iv been given shutin gates ect and would defonetly make sure my dogs are 100 % around stock they are not would beaters but do what i ask ov them and very steady around cattle/sheep and what ever vermin they have asked me to get shut ov has been done to keep me permission atb WD

It's ilegal to hunt ANY mammal with dogs, day or night, including rabbits ! Rabbits and rats have an exemption ONLY if you hav WRITTEN PERMISSION from the landowner or tenant, so if you didn;t have written permission, and you were lamping, then the copper was right !! Any amount of barrack room lawyers will tell you it's ok to lamp rabbits; but believe me, IT'S NOT unless you have WRITTEN PERMISSION !!!

Cheers.

doesn't have to be written does it? the law just says permission doesn't it?

it says written for terrier work but not for rabbiting/ratting.

kevin,,dont ask me why, but they are classed has game,,,,

Rabbit are an odd grey area because they are classed as both I believe ;)

As for the police, I always make a point of going and saying hello to THEM if they happen to stop, the officers that run the farm watch scheme round my way I drove mad until they came round to see me.

I explained what I do and where I go and said that I wanted to meet them because I didnt want any hassle and this way they know my car and know who I am....... they were happy with that, drunk their tea and f****d off.

Never had a problem with them at all :victory:

Personally, I would go into the local station, tell them you got stopped and explain that you do the pest control for that landowner.....give them all your details, car reg etc and say you are doing it so they know who you are and that way they wont have to waste their time stopping you again.

Be a bit pro-active boys ;)

• Like 1

cheers wilff, Thats what i done last night as soon as they pulled over i walked strait to the car and started speaking with them. this bit ov land i aint done for a few months now and where i go regular the police reconies who i am and give a wave and on they go been stopped a few times over where i go regular and they got to know who i was and stopped and had a chat with them but when they didnt know me when i first got stopped up that way they never they once said that it was ilegle to lamp rabbits to me but that one last night was the first police man to say it to me

Cheers.

Yes it DOE'S have to be written. If you don't have your permission letter with you, how doe's the cop know you have permission ? .... OH !! That's right !!! He 'phones the farmer or landowner at 3 o'clock in the morning to check, and pisses him off so you lose whatever permission you had !

Cheers.

• Like 2

Cheers.

Yes it DOE'S have to be written. If you don't have your permission letter with you, how doe's the cop know you have permission ? .... OH !! That's right !!! He 'phones the farmer or landowner at 3 o'clock in the morning to check, and pisses him off so you lose whatever permission you had !

Cheers.

copied straight off the government website, no mention of written permission...

The hunting of rabbits is exempt if it takes place on land

(a)which belongs to the hunter, or

(b)which he has been given permission to use for the purpose by the occupier or, in the case of unoccupied land, by a person to whom it belongs.

I'm not talking about whether it would piss off the farmer getting a phone call in the middle of the night, I'm talking about whether it is law that you have to have written permission for rabbiting....which it isn't.

• Like 2

Cheers.

Cheers.

As far as the legality goes, you don't need the permission in writing. But yes it's advisable to have written authority with you, if only to prevent the landowner from being woken up in the early hours.

A downside to this is that a copper could still want to ring the landowner to make sure the letter isn't forged, and that you are who you say you are before letting you go on your way. or he could just be a c**t, and ring the landowner to intentionally piss him off. Either way it pays to be polite even if the copper's not, I've known lads lose permission like this just because they've tried to be clever with a copper, which has just made him show who can be the cleverest.