fox callers

as anyone ever tryed a flextone predator call?? an if so what they like?

shit a waste of money i have a half a johnny stewart pc3 inside a half a flextone works better the flextone they are just the reed out of a sqeaky toy but they are about £ 14 Edited by LAZYBSTARD

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have to agree with DanW. I usually had to hunt on my own and I found using my hand was awkward and sometimes messy (depending on what was on your hands at the time). Holding back a dog that had seen

Iv tried to do it on my hand but the noises I produce sound more like I'm messing my pants rather than a distressed animal, foxes must be thinking f**k going over near that dirty c**t haha!!!

Maybe it's me but using my hand to call has never appealed normally cause my hands are covered in blood etc so use one of these http://www.foxcalluk.co.uk/ found them to be pretty good and don't need

Have to agree with DanW.

I usually had to hunt on my own and I found using my hand was awkward and sometimes messy (depending on what was on your hands at the time).

Holding back a dog that had seen the eyes light up across the field, trying to keep the lamp from swinging about the field and also trying to squeak on your hand was never easy. Plus after a long night out I found my cheeks/lips could start to hurt!

Using your hand is definitely something to practice as you'll always be able to do it whenever needed. Some people seem to be able to get the most amazing sounds with just their hands and can alter the pitch and loudness to cover every situation.

I've tried a WAM and found this pretty good for long distance stopping foxes for a shot or close range calling to get them within shotgun range.

I've been using a foxcalluk for a year or two now and found it to be excellent. Pop it between you teeth and it can, if needed, sit there quite comfy for ages and both hands are free to work.

When I first got it I found I had to bite down really hard to get a decent rabbit squeak from it. When the screws on one end were loosened off a bit it was a lot easier to use and made much better sounds.

• Like 3

Have to agree with DanW.

I usually had to hunt on my own and I found using my hand was awkward and sometimes messy (depending on what was on your hands at the time).

Holding back a dog that had seen the eyes light up across the field, trying to keep the lamp from swinging about the field and also trying to squeak on your hand was never easy. Plus after a long night out I found my cheeks/lips could start to hurt!

Using your hand is definitely something to practice as you'll always be able to do it whenever needed. Some people seem to be able to get the most amazing sounds with just their hands and can alter the pitch and loudness to cover every situation.

I've tried a WAM and found this pretty good for long distance stopping foxes for a shot or close range calling to get them within shotgun range.

I've been using a foxcalluk for a year or two now and found it to be excellent. Pop it between you teeth and it can, if needed, sit there quite comfy for ages and both hands are free to work.

When I first got it I found I had to bite down really hard to get a decent rabbit squeak from it. When the screws on one end were loosened off a bit it was a lot easier to use and made much better sounds.

Have to agree with you regarding free hands ansd so on. I am just back in now and would have been lost without my tenterfield whistle, sits in my mouth and am free to work lamp and dog, I am using the foxcalleruk also, yeah its good enough, has a nice pitch to it.

Called up a few tonight but fuckers were on the ball, got one good slip, and few rabbits in the bag, would have put up some pics but left me camera in Dannys other night. :laugh: