What's going on with this forum

Some of the posts on this thread seem massively condescending.

Just suppose you were fresh to hunting and wanted to get into the sport but have no family or friends to show you the way?

Read, ask advise on places like this and give it a go ! Yes, of course, you start off clueless, as you do when you try anything new, FFS!

I've introduced and taught many how to shoot, hunt with firearms, airguns etc and some good friends have come from this. Naturally, I've had the odd one take the piss, but been dealt with. It's a risk you take when you agree to take a stranger out and judgement plays a part (particularly when firearms are involved).

I'm now learning for myself how to hunt with dogs, but the impression I'm getting from some old hand posters on here is that I shouldn't bother as I'm clueless as a novice.

Well, fat hairy fookin donkey bollocks to that! I might know a lot now, but I'll read, learn, ask, observe and try! Yes, I'll learn from my mistakes and those of others and one day be in a position to advise, just as a few on here have advised me about hunting dogs etc.

Not a single dogman or woman on here knew everything before they started out.

Duncan.

• Like 4

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i can tell you whats wrong with this site.   too many people think they have the business, whether it be ferreting, dog or equipment. somebody posts a thread to sell a dog and it get jumped on 'PEDD

I agree sum real idiots on ere who spout the biggest load of shit I've ever heard in my life sumone wantin a £500 pound bet first 2 five rabbits sum match that haha divs!!!

probably be alot more hunting talk if wasnt for the ban..its hard people are wary and have to be carefull i guess ..

Keyboard hunters need a place to feel big and sound clever thl is the place they come, nothing wrong with people asking questions unless it's completely stupid like can I run my pup on badger day time, but everyone has differnt opinions and I suppose some of ya are entitled to them the rest of ya.....suck my fat one haters

Some of the shite I have bin reading on THL lately as bin bad.. I no their is alot of keen dog men on ere that put lots of good stuff up.. But some of the stuff people are putting is absolute shite. Are these people really serious. Taking a 9 week old pup lamping as just topped the bill for me..

taking a nine week old pup lamping to watch sounds real bad to me lol but i like what you done start a post about people talking shit on this forum so everyone can talk about the shit what has been wrote on the forums again so you hear the shit twice well done pmsl :clapper: also have you ever made mistakes or was you born knowing it all ?

Just suppose you were fresh to hunting and wanted to get into the sport but have no family or friends to show you the way?

Read, ask advise on places like this and give it a go ! Yes, of course, you start off clueless, as you do when you try anything new, FFS!

I've introduced and taught many how to shoot, hunt with firearms, airguns etc and some good friends have come from this. Naturally, I've had the odd one take the piss, but been dealt with. It's a risk you take when you agree to take a stranger out and judgement plays a part (particularly when firearms are involved).

I'm now learning for myself how to hunt with dogs, but the impression I'm getting from some old hand posters on here is that I shouldn't bother as I'm clueless as a novice.

Well, fat hairy fookin donkey bollocks to that! I might know a lot now, but I'll read, learn, ask, observe and try! Yes, I'll learn from my mistakes and those of others and one day be in a position to advise, just as a few on here have advised me about hunting dogs etc.

Duncan.

Good post :thumbs: , and I also strongly believe that the best Dogmen & women tend to be the ones that readily admit to not knowing it all.

You might not be able to teach an old Dog new tricks, but a good Dogman is always open to learn more.

• Like 2

im young, starting off, and all that buisness, but if some offered me a night out on good permission, id be singing and dancing all the way to the destination, and im certainly not the type of guy that thinks his dog is hard as f**k, and my dog is a genius, because its certainly not , some of you probably think my dog is shit compared to some of the guys on here, thats if they are true to their word lol but some of the people on here "new to game" as you put it, must be taking the absolute piss, because some of the posts i couldnt think of even if i tried..

what im getting at is that you cant tar people with the same brush so to speak, and tbh iv looked more on the shooting side of this site, as theres no arguments, no braggers etc...what you got is what you got, and if they can help they will do, just a shame this lurcher forum wasnt the same as that, because everyone could discuss and swap quality advice instead of contant prank posts, bitching and whos got the best dog, we all want a good dog, and if it means asking someone with 30yrs of sound experience so be it, that , taking a pup out at 9 weeks, you can clearly see the boy doesnt want advice, and throwing it in peoples faces, so instead of that aim it at the "newbies " who are willing to listen and not the ones who think they know best because theyve had a dog 5 minutes lol

Duncan.

Good post :thumbs: , and I also strongly believe that the best Dogmen & women tend to be the ones that readily admit to not knowing it all.

You might not be able to teach an old Dog new tricks, but a good Dogman is always open to learn more.

a good dog man is never realy happy with what hes got hes allways looking to improve nothings black and white theres different ways to get the same goal just because some one as been doing things for years it dont allways mean there good at it the people who do all slagging off on this site for lads trying differant things will never have good dogs because they will still be doing the same things in years to come
  • Like 1

Jeez,, been away for a wee bit,, and tbh, it`s all a bit tedious on here just now,, the same auld shite, trying to wind folk up,, very dull

But never mind i`m back !!! I`ll brighten the place up,, as long as Malt disnae cut me off in full flow !!

Whin....have you been taking money off guys to go lamping?

He wanted £50 of a young lad of here for a night out. Twat! That to me is what's wrong with this game. Aye it's ok being careful about who you take out but to try and take money for your time is bullshit...especially the pish whin comes out with

always thought that iceman talked some balls

You don't worry about me and what l talk about you worry about them walk outs you have out your back and you breed form fool.Quick get a spade she been down there over 5 mins hahahahah.Any chance back filling in a sett the holes you leave is just a joke

Whin....have you been taking money off guys to go lamping?

He wanted £50 of a young lad of here for a night out. Twat! That to me is what's wrong with this game. Aye it's ok being careful about who you take out but to try and take money for your time is bullshit...especially the pish whin comes out with

For real Undi.He wanted £50 to take someone lamping?

im young, starting off, and all that buisness, but if some offered me a night out on good permission, id be singing and dancing all the way to the destination, and im certainly not the type of guy that thinks his dog is hard as f**k, and my dog is a genius, because its certainly not , some of you probably think my dog is shit compared to some of the guys on here, thats if they are true to their word lol but some of the people on here "new to game" as you put it, must be taking the absolute piss, because some of the posts i couldnt think of even if i tried..

what im getting at is that you cant tar people with the same brush so to speak, and tbh iv looked more on the shooting side of this site, as theres no arguments, no braggers etc...what you got is what you got, and if they can help they will do, just a shame this lurcher forum wasnt the same as that, because everyone could discuss and swap quality advice instead of contant prank posts, bitching and whos got the best dog, we all want a good dog, and if it means asking someone with 30yrs of sound experience so be it, that , taking a pup out at 9 weeks, you can clearly see the boy doesnt want advice, and throwing it in peoples faces, so instead of that aim it at the "newbies " who are willing to listen and not the ones who think they know best because theyve had a dog 5 minutes lol

listen mate you keep going on about walking the pup at 9 weeks i can tell you a fact the person who has tried and tested this method over alot of years and has done it with all his dogs and they have NEVER suffered problems with there joints or walking the weight off dogs and i can tell you he has done more man hours out and about than you will ever do with your dogs these are FACTS not lies and i didnt ask for advice did i i was telling people what i done that day you lot just couldnt help yourself and all wanted to look like experts and try to tell me what to do when none of you have even tried this method worry about your dogs and not other peoples and give advice when people want it not when you want to give it atb oneshot