Dogs in cold Weather

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all,   sometimes i get genuinely embarrassed by some of the questions on here. I know forums are a learning/sharing place, but FFS coats for working terriers.   Pernod

right so if you have a terrier with a poor coat. and its obvious that its cutting up bad in wind and sleet you wouldnt protect it from the eliments. ? lets say its a decent working terrier apart from

just me i dont wrap me self up when am out but i do like to keep warm and i would not have a dog with a bad coat even if it could work more problems than enough in my opinoin mick

Posted Images

right so if you have a terrier with a poor coat. and its obvious that its cutting up bad in wind and sleet you wouldnt protect it from the eliments. ? lets say its a decent working terrier apart from the cold weather problem. just to play devils advocate does it not make sense to protect a valuble hunting partner. are you all to wrapped up in your own image as a real deal terrierman to realise that i know most of you are a bunch of women that wrap yourselves up with ten layers of the best weathproof cloths that money can buy. :laugh: its all well and good if a terrier has got a good coat and a thick hide.but sadly some thank fook most of the other breeds have sensible owners. so i say to all you owners dragging terriers through frozen streams in rain hail and snow. look down at your terrier when its wet and bedraggled and looks like a half shut knife. and say to yourself next time where out i'm leaving my thermals and wooly socks and my barber in the house if my terrier is freezing i'll freeze alongside it :whistling: either that or if the dog aint up to it find it a home as a fannny licker :thumbs:

• Like 1

right so if you have a terrier with a poor coat. and its obvious that its cutting up bad in wind and sleet you wouldnt protect it from the eliments. ? lets say its a decent working terrier apart from the cold weather problem. just to play devils advocate does it not make sense to protect a valuble hunting partner. are you all to wrapped up in your own image as a real deal terrierman to realise that i know most of you are a bunch of women that wrap yourselves up with ten layers of the best weathproof cloths that money can buy. :laugh: its all well and good if a terrier has got a good coat and a thick hide.but sadly some thank fook most of the other breeds have sensible owners. so i say to all you owners dragging terriers through frozen streams in rain hail and snow. look down at your terrier when its wet and bedraggled and looks like a half shut knife. and say to yourself next time where out i'm leaving my thermals and wooly socks and my barber in the house if my terrier is freezing i'll freeze alongside it :whistling: either that or if the dog aint up to it find it a home as a fannny licker :thumbs:

they are smooth coated like patts

I remember once while out coursing a lad turned up with a coat on his new lurcher. He got the dog out of his new 4 x 4 and took the coat of the dog. Under all the stifled laughing I heard one bloke say to his mate" that dogs got a better coat than me" ! Lol

they are smooth coated like patts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0p9PIFDIEU

there are smooth coats and then there are shite smooth coats. ive got to say some of the poorest smooth coats ive seen are on patts. maybe the influence of bull blood.

• Like 1

Yet another bullshit anti bait dangling shit question Ray, put a picture up of a working terrier or f**k off.

theres no way rey will put a pic of a working dog up cos he hasnt got one and hes full of shitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt :bad: