Wiemaraner

before they became breed they are today they used hound in them didnt they. i know they used foxhound in english pointers with old spanish pointers to get the breed they have today.

was it not the other way about,pointers were used in the make up of foxhound,pointer,greyhound and terrier,atb

dunno what way it is my parents have english pointers not german ones and rember my dad saying that they had foxhound in them from crossing spanish pointer to foxhound to make english..how true it is dont really know ...mite have a look up bout it ..

ya Ive read the same somewhere Lunita.

the foxhound also has bull dog in its make up wilbur foxhound.Along with the breeds you menitioned.

The good old Aussie pigdog often the same or simular breeds in their make up I often smile when i see the same breeds used to produce dogs for different purposes. The bull arab is a pigdog type that has used bull terrier greyhound and pointer both english and german, different breeders have also added bloodhound to the mix.

wiemaraners are said to have been first used as hounds before changes in laws and game numbers determined their purpose change The one I owned huntered in a hound like manner although silent. maybe because of the game I hunted and the dogs I hunted him with.

the foxhound also has bull dog in its make up wilbur foxhound.Along with the breeds you menitioned.

The good old Aussie pigdog often the same or simular breeds in their make up I often smile when i see the same breeds used to produce dogs for different purposes. The bull arab is a pigdog type that has used bull terrier greyhound and pointer both english and german, different breeders have also added bloodhound to the mix.

wiemaraners are said to have been first used as hounds before changes in laws and game numbers determined their purpose change The one I owned huntered in a hound like manner although silent. maybe because of the game I hunted and the dogs I hunted him with.

i would of said speaking on a scent is deffo a manner that defines a hound from other breeds when hunting :yes::thumbs:

i would of said speaking on a scent is deffo a manner that defines a hound from other breeds when hunting :yes::thumbs:

Purhaps your correct Terrier410 however many hounds breed for pig hunting are best when they run silent a hound that barks trail will usually have the pigs out of the district before they get anywhere near them.

A gundog I would expect to quater a paddock weaving back and forth across the line of sent as I said the wie I had stuck to the line and and ran it like a hound He would only give voice when he was upto his pig however. A hound perhaps not in the strict sence of the word But maybe the best traits of one.