my dh x's past and pressent

i'v found that dhx's can adjust to any surounding they are in and run good so in most cases you don't need theas dogs that are bed for the job . mine will try hard in smaller fields for the bunnys and when he is in the bigger fields he will force them out so he has plenty of room to work with and take his moment

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

theas are my dh x's past and present day one of my prefered x in lurchers this was my 3/4 x bitch this one is my dave platts dog my dhxgh x colliexgh of morton on thl my 2 dhxg

like the bitch 3/4 bred used to run that sort in the 70s on the longears. could do a job on the lamp to atb troter

this is my dhx and retrieving a shot fox

Posted Images

i'v found that dhx's can adjust to any surounding they are in and run good so in most cases you don't need theas dogs that are bed for the job . mine will try hard in smaller fields for the bunnys and when he is in the bigger fields he will force them out so he has plenty of room to work with and take his moment

That big dog in the pick i posted could pick rabbits up and catch hares but [bANNED TEXT] he was put to a small 23tts collie greyhound produced an outstanding bitch far far better than both perants that were first crosses one of the reasons i like lurcher to lurcher bred dogs over first crosses or 3 qaurter breds.
  • Like 1

you got any pics of your dogs on legal quarry, please

show me charti i have lots of places to go if she is on par with my l saluk type then i stand corrected mate and breed on einto my collie line ,be nice to se and youll get looked after ,

Whin, I and my dogs have been out with the best, I still get invited out by the guys, but I'm getting a bit old to keep up with the young'uns ! But I still do more than most. I wouldn't go up to see you, as two close friends have done it and advised against it ! You should either open your mind ..or say nothing...as nothing is set in stone !! There is good dogs from every cross, and good dog men, young or old !! A laugh is a laugh, but you do seem to be even more set in your ways than I am !! LOL !!

Cheers.

Whin, you keep on about you Saluk/Kizzie/Bob/Collie/Slieght/Tor/Rabbs/Salmos/whatever / crosses, and allways have a pop at Deerhound crosses, but I think this is just a mind thing....and you are realy pissed off because us Sassanachs have some Quality Deerhound bred dogs !! I'd bet you would give you left bollock, (if you have any!!), to have a bitch like this in your kennel !! Don't give me the shit "It's no good for my land" 'cause she runs the Borders daily !!

camping036-1.jpg

Cheers.

Cracking dog and photo. ;)

Whin, you keep on about you Saluk/Kizzie/Bob/Collie/Slieght/Tor/Rabbs/Salmos/whatever / crosses, and allways have a pop at Deerhound crosses, but I think this is just a mind thing....and you are realy pissed off because us Sassanachs have some Quality Deerhound bred dogs !! I'd bet you would give you left bollock, (if you have any!!), to have a bitch like this in your kennel !! Don't give me the shit "It's no good for my land" 'cause she runs the Borders daily !!

camping036-1.jpg

Cheers.

crackin hound, my bollocks are in the post

Cheers mate, but she may be the best looking bitch in my kennel..... but this little bitch is the best grafter;

clumber060.jpg

Cheers.

• Like 1

made my mind up charti going see a few the deerhound type working and hopefully they fill a bag a , i do like the deerhounds its just when you go to shows and you see them walk about some are real big and laid back,what beats me is the fisrt crosses are unworked usaly so how do you get the natural hunting brain and sense im not a messer , i can see a youse for them to bring height up in som e of the collie type as alot of colie type and saluk type bitches can be small 24 under and i like a dog 26 27 ,with pace and power,so your freinds never enjoyed there self ,what put me off them is i have been to many diffrent places and apart from the usa they have there staghounds kinda sorted ,alot of the derhond crosses ive saw with guys domt look well worked as alot look like show juat real show , anotherr thing were does stamina come into it with the deerhound cross feet turning , its twenty five years since i had one but my mate had a good bitch i had father ,ye if you an old er boy it would be no good for you up here all walking arable feild after feils long slips some nites and hard running but great sport but would love to see the genuine first crosses run again , ive got a mate with some ille get him through

theas are my dh x's past and present day one of my prefered x in lurchers

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

this was my 3/4 x bitch

06012010082.jpg

05012010066.jpg

this one is my dave platts dog

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

06012010077.jpg

my dhxgh x colliexgh of morton on thl

13092011328.jpg

31082011249.jpg

31082011248.jpg

my 2 dhxgh

05022010102-1.jpg

Thanks for showing us some good pics of your dogs..

Pity the threads gone off track a little though..put some more up matie its always interesting for some of us to see what other have, and like..