badger or fox?

Joe67

i did a warren near a sett one day........ i got 8ft on the clicker and my hob returned out of a hole in the sett!!! i picked him up and left! :blink:

ok thanks,so being the expert you are..you saying theres no risk to ferreting badger holes?

no i wouldnt go near one!

i asked a hunting solicitor a while back if it was against the law to ferret a active badger set and he said that it was nt against the law to ferret one but you would be breaking the law if you started to dig the ferret out as you would be disturbing a badger earth. atb :thumbs:

seriously mate? i take it youve not been ferreting long? :icon_eek:

i wonder what made you think that lol,only a few months...i wasnt sure hence the post,pics were the easyest way,got the answer i needed.so yous have no problem ferreting badger holes?

:blink: think about what you're actually asking!! I can't believe you'd even think for one second about putting your ferret in a set where there's another mustelid that's probably about 8 times the weight of your ferret!!!!! It'd be like asking if it's OK to send your whippet in a wolfs den!!!

Edited by rob190364

this is a stupid

i wonder what made you think that lol,only a few months...i wasnt sure hence the post,pics were the easyest way,got the answer i needed.so yous have no problem ferreting badger holes?

:blink: think about what you're actually asking!! I can't believe you'd even think for one second about putting your ferret in a set where there's another mustelid that's probably about 8 times the weight of your ferret!!!!! It'd be like asking if it's OK to send your whippet in a wolfs den!!!

this is a stupid question

In all seriousness do you think that IF you were to put your fert in an active sett that it would confront the badger.

They're brave little feckers but they ain't stupid.........part of a rabbit warren we did on the weekend was active in my oponion,the ferts will usually just steer clear of them.

• Like 1

yes i did think about it,i did speak to a forum member about it on the phone when i was there.i did leave the holes where all the crap was but i did as you can see in picture ferret a couple further up.

you guys have answered my questions,told me thats its a badger about and made it clear its unsafe for the ferrets to work

cheers

this is a stupid

this is a stupid question

maybe to all the hunting vets :D

In all seriousness do you think that IF you were to put your fert in an active sett that it would confront the badger.

no mate

i know very little about badgers hence the post.