PERMISSION CARD!!!

I HAVE PRINTED OFF A PERMISSION CARD AN THE LANDOWNER HAS SIGNED IT. I AM JUST WONDERING WETHER TO PUT NEXT TO MY NAME ON IT, +GUESTS OR +OTHER PERSONS WITH, OR SUMTHIN LIKE THAT INCASE POLICE OR [NO TEXT TALK] ARE FUNNY ABOUT THEM NOT HAVING A CARD. I DO TAKE DIFFRENT MATRES ALL THE TIME,.[NO TEXT TALK] GOT ANY IDEAS?

The landowner has signed it for you or at least thats what he thinks he has signed. IMO its a bit underhand to then "alter" the card. If I was the landowner and I found this out your permission would last for as long as it took me to tell you to "get orrfff my land".

Why not be honest and up front and ask the landowner if a mate can come along occassionally and give you a helping hand?

Whatever the outcome respect his decision. He has gave his permission for you only.

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on?

Aha gotcha. In that case its probably better to keep your one signed for you and get him to sign another and on it state something like:

"The holders of this letter of authority have my permission to hunt / trap / work dogs / etc on clover leaf farm"

without putting names on. get him to Date it and sign it.

Yes its strange I have permisssion on a fair bit of ground, and now I am asked to ring the police when I am lamping does not a verbal agreement stand for anything in law anymore,

or do we actually have to carry written permission,has something changed in common law, I do ring police to let them know and it seems as though they believe that now its the law, that I must, a lot of my land I have written permission, some land its by verbal agreement with the farmer what am I to do,its a proper conudrum

Yes its strange I have permisssion on a fair bit of ground, and now I am asked to ring the police when I am lamping does not a verbal agreement stand for anything in law anymore,

or do we actually have to carry written permission,has something changed in common law, I do ring police to let them know and it seems as though they believe that now its the law, that I must, a lot of my land I have written permission, some land its by verbal agreement with the farmer what am I to do,its a proper conudrum

As far as I'm aware there is no legal requirement to inform the law when you are going about your legal business whether it be lamping or driving a car. Besides if they have a report of someone moving round with a rifle or shotty they are duty bound to investigate whether you have phoned them or not. I just re-read your post and coming from Cumbria I can see why they are asking :o enquire if this is a short term thing, given the circumstances if not see below:

The solution to your problem is a simple one: Ask them [the law] to show you where on the statute books the law is that they are talking about, get the Act and the section and I will look it up for you. Don't thank me, I wont be lookig cos I know it doesn't exist.

You don't need to always take things a face value, just politely say "Really I didn't know that. Where can I find that written down or referenced or perhaps better still you would be so kind as to provide me with a copy for my records"

That usually shuts them up.

I dont, and have never carried any form of written permission with me, when carrying out pest control on any of my permissions.

That includes shotgun, rifle, trapping and ferreting.

I have also, never had a time when I wish I had been carrying a permission slip.

I will probably get slagged for this, but I am a firm believer that how you dress and behave when out with your guns, will either draw attention to yourself or not, and may result in a phone call to the cops or not. In the community I live, most people will phone the landowner if they have concerns, and not the cops.

I always carry the landowners phone number with me just in case, but have never required it.

I am not criticicing those that do carry permission slips, but in this free society, I do not understand why there is a need to do so.

And yes, I am out on at least five different days of the week, in both daylight and dark.

As far as I'm aware there is no legal requirement to inform the law when you are going about your legal business whether it be lamping or driving a car. Besides if they have a report of someone moving round with a rifle or shotty they are duty bound to investigate whether you have phoned them or not. I just re-read your post and coming from Cumbria I can see why they are asking :o enquire if this is a short term thing, given the circumstances if not see below:

The solution to your problem is a simple one: Ask them [the law] to show you where on the statute books the law is that they are talking about, get the Act and the section and I will look it up for you. Don't thank me, I wont be lookig cos I know it doesn't exist.

You don't need to always take things a face value, just politely say "Really I didn't know that. Where can I find that written down or referenced or perhaps better still you would be so kind as to provide me with a copy for my records"

That usually shuts them up.

Thankyou for that,I supose they are doing it to stop,problems with armed deployment,I saw reference some time ago with legitimate pigeon shooters being approached by police and led away, This was in shooting times if I am not mistaken dispite being clearly participating in legal activities,until they could prove permission,and funny enough now on renewal you get a sheet on the guidlines for lamping,I too like Tom 2010 I take people shooting with me from time to time, we never really split up so there shouldnt be a problem,and they never go without me, so that cant see why they would need a permission card,alot of my land is word of mouth and old farmers who get very suspicious when you talk about putting things in writing,although I know would vouch for there authority if asked,

police now days are very funny and i guess if they are on the land you are hunting on, they are tresspassing. but thnen if you tell them this and they still nag that means they will try to arrest you in any way possible, its nice to be hassle free. i was swetup for hare coursing a while ago, was walking a local path next to a farm and was accused of killing a hare whitch never happened. i was taken to a polie station overnight and dogs seized for 6 months, i have my dog back but my friend doesnt yet have his back, he is in court jan. but even when we were shown a pic of the hare it had been clearly shot, and placed in the hands of the police by the gamekeepers. i no that the gamekeepers thurt we were someone else. this allways makes me nervous even if we are on permission.

police now days are very funny and i guess if they are on the land you are hunting on, they are tresspassing. but thnen if you tell them this and they still nag that means they will try to arrest you in any way possible, its nice to be hassle free. i was swetup for hare coursing a while ago, was walking a local path next to a farm and was accused of killing a hare whitch never happened. i was taken to a polie station overnight and dogs seized for 6 months, i have my dog back but my friend doesnt yet have his back, he is in court jan. but even when we were shown a pic of the hare it had been clearly shot, and placed in the hands of the police by the gamekeepers. i no that the gamekeepers thurt we were someone else. this allways makes me nervous even if we are on permission.

Theres a name for people like them B**t**ds

Permission slip wouldnt have helped you out here buddy.

You either have permission or you dont. If you are being accused of coursing a hare, rightly or wrongly, no amount of permission slips will help you out!