Standard BSA Ultra test

This is a test I did for people that PM-ed me both on the Hunting Life Forum and on YouTube asking me about the potential of the BSA Ultra as a hunting tool and as a potential HFT rifle.

I love the Ultra and have owned 3 so far, its one of my favourite rifles to use for hunting.

The rifle I used for the test belongs to LJ my partner and is a standard Ultra, not tuned and not regulated (straight out the box).

Hopefully this little review will show viewers just how good this rifle is and that the accuracy you can get out of one is as good as a £600 rifle if you find the right pellet and correctly shoot it using the correct marksmanship principles.

Fitted with a better, higher mag scope, something like a 4-12x40 I know that I could shoot sub 5p size diameter, 5 shot groups at 40 metres with this rifle in windless conditions pretty easy.

Enjoy

Si.

Yet another good vid si .

I have one but with a reg what a fantastic gun shoots .177 10.3 gr pellets and superfield 8.44gr pellet on pellet on my 35m range at home. Seems to me the BSAs like the super fields

Edited by villaman

I had one for a short while, whilst I could not fault the gun's accuracy, I hated that hokey cokey mmc cocking thing, press switch here, bolt shoots out, pellet in, bolt out, shake it all about, then activate the mmc and take a shot, that's the Ultra's all about...

Great gun, stupid cocking mechanism, put a Scorpion style bolt on for cocking and reloading, then you would have a superb gun!

Edited by secretagentmole

Nicely done, Si, looks like you're enjoying your time off!! :laugh:

Here's a sugestion for you if you're after a compact scope for LJ's Ultra. JSR do a cracking little 2-7x32IR, very clear optics, compact size, generic mil-dot ret. It's the scope I had on my 52 when you came over to Simon's if you remember.

I also have a Simmons 1.5-5x32 on my Ratty and that's a cracking little scope, but maybe not enough mag for HFT and also it's 30-30 ret is quite thick. It's a great little field sight but maybe not too well suited to target shooting.

i had my ultra 22 multi shot blue printed by the designer of all bsa rifles and its quieter and it now gets 50 shots per fill and it groups half inch shots at 50yards if you want to get your bsa rifle sorted send it to john bowkett HE IS THE MAN and also makes carbon silencers really nice bit of kit. (john bowkett is also on facebook)