golf course

They aint easy but they can be caught. You need a clever dog for golfys. A dog that can remember the lay out of the place, where the rabbits will be and where they will run to when the light goes on and uses that knowledge to good effect. You still wont get big bags on golfys but it can be bloody good fun.

Do you honestly believe that a Lurcher, (or any breed of dog, for that matter), can show that degree of intelligence.... Remembering the lay of the land, where the quarry will be and where it will run to ???? I despair at some of the things that are said on this site at times !

Cheers.

have you never seen any of your dogs returning to the same spot they put something up before your dog gets use to the place its working and if its got any brains at all it will remember the lay of the land and work things out for itself and start catching if not the dogs no worth keeping atb

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you honestly believe that a Lurcher, (or any breed of dog, for that matter), can show that degree of intelligence.... Remembering the lay of the land, where the quarry will be and where it will ru

You could say that of any place matey.........where does it end? Do I not run on a southern golf course?.........or in cumbria because of the odd boulder?.........or maybe I lay off in the Cotswolds

Turbo bunnys on them, show a good dog up most of the time

here goes wasnt going write as the dribble that some spout about hunting would be more entertaining to kids , golfcourses surrounded by , mayb 30 in a 35 mile raduis hunted most of them some i got paid for , i never run a pup there alway expierenced dogs who can turn and drop gears as its rough ,with bunkers, running out of out of lamp, had eleven rabbs one nite of gull 1 , with a half beardie she wasnt the fastest dog i had, but new how to drop a gear when rough land then on the flat bang powerd on and scooped them up, we have alot of rough on our courses so you learn were the game is and were it wants to go , something a good hunter learns knows .any well bred dog of clever stuff will a just to golf courses, dogs that are bred to hunt course , you dont need a rocket to cacth them you need an expierenced dog who knows how to run game , flat out on the good and drop a gear sometimes when realy rough ,bunkers ,small posts, alot of game on golfcourses had some great days and nites scotland has tons of fairways links along coastlines , some are very wealthy areas so well watched so handy if you have permiss, dogs to learn to run cunning got a six year old bitch bred of a coursing champion and a top class collie type she heads game all the time catches loads through having a hunting brain so dogs do learn were qaury goes if you hunt the same bits regulary

here goes wasnt going write as the dribble that some spout about hunting would be more entertaining to kids , golfcourses surrounded by , mayb 30 in a 35 mile raduis hunted most of them some i got paid for , i never run a pup there alway expierenced dogs who can turn and drop gears as its rough ,with bunkers, running out of out of lamp, had eleven rabbs one nite of gull 1 , with a half beardie she wasnt the fastest dog i had, but new how to drop a gear when rough land then on the flat bang powerd on and scooped them up, we have alot of rough on our courses so you learn were the game is and were it wants to go , something a good hunter learns knows .any well bred dog of clever stuff will a just to golf courses, dogs that are bred to hunt course , you dont need a rocket to cacth them you need an expierenced dog who knows how to run game , flat out on the good and drop a gear sometimes when realy rough ,bunkers ,small posts, alot of game on golfcourses had some great days and nites scotland has tons of fairways links along coastlines , some are very wealthy areas so well watched so handy if you have permiss, dogs to learn to run cunning got a six year old bitch bred of a coursing champion and a top class collie type she heads game all the time catches loads through having a hunting brain so dogs do learn were qaury goes if you hunt the same bits regulary

what would the coursing champion be it was bred out of whin