Good Afternoon from Solihull

Good afternoon all - I have just signed up to the forum hoping to learn as much as possible.

I am into most countryside pursuits, fishing and shooting.

I have a young border terrier and will very soon be getting a working cocker pup as well.

I would consider myself pretty proficient at all types of fishing so may be able to advise some people on that but I think I have a lot to learn about shooting and fieldcraft.

Most of my fishing at the moment is trout fishing on estate lakes or chubbing on small rivers, but I also do all other sorts of fishing apart from sitting behind bite alarms waiting for something to happen! Biggest fish so far is a 440lb white sturgeon in Canada.

Most of my shooting is stalking rabbits with my air rifle but I also decoy pigeons to the shotgun when I can and when I can find some more suitable land near me for pigeons.

I also love cooking, especially creating new things with things I have shot or caught.

Cheers

Anthony

Edited by oscarsdad

The fish really did beat me up for about an hour - my guide wouldn't let me have a butt pad as apparently in canada "they are for pussies and girls" so I had a nice bruise!

It is a stunning place to fish, I had salmon to 90lb on the fly and over five days fishing landed 23 sturgeon with 10 on my first day!

I am saving up to go back.

Anthony

The fish really did beat me up for about an hour - my guide wouldn't let me have a butt pad as apparently in canada "they are for pussies and girls" so I had a nice bruise!

It is a stunning place to fish, I had salmon to 90lb on the fly and over five days fishing landed 23 sturgeon with 10 on my first day!

I am saving up to go back.

Anthony

I am saving up to go back

Anthony

sounds good, its somewhere ive always wanted to go but never had the chance, mind saying that i did have a cousin who lived there for years, i should have took the oppertunitity really. your only about half an hour or so away from me.