killing hares

Lads all have different ways of going about things. I love to see a dog run but have always kept it local and one for the pot. I have had to hide game and come back for it later, who's to say lads didnt come back to pick those hares up. I wouldnt drive to the fens knowing I was going to leave dead game lying round, if you are gonna leave it surely it should be so it wont get found. Remember theres local lads who are seen about regular who'll be getting the blame!

Exactly you run a dog in the day and you don't know who may have seen you and phoned police last thing you need is to walk back to your car hare in hand and find police waiting for you.

well more fool you to go back walking to your car swinging a dead hare at your side.

Sorry where you not the one saying take everything you catch?

yes and if you dont understand what i was getting at,then just forget it.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hear wat your saying pal but its just not in me to kill something then leave it dumped in field never have never will, if your guna jst dump it dont run it

Thats not the point i was getting at. Anybody willing to through them in the ditch at the end of the night should empty there kennels and do the world a favour. Cant believe i'm reading such replies o

not everyone that leaves the catch in the feild wants to . but this goverment and its laws has made it so some people have no choice . example you have been running dogs all your life and they are a w

these Hares were not hid or hung up so charlie could not get them, they were dumped, I was brout up in a family of 8 and fu#k all went to waste,and brought my kids up the same,there are not many hares around my area and if left to twats like these there will be fu#k all in the nere future.

Lads all have different ways of going about things. I love to see a dog run but have always kept it local and one for the pot. I have had to hide game and come back for it later, who's to say lads didnt come back to pick those hares up. I wouldnt drive to the fens knowing I was going to leave dead game lying round, if you are gonna leave it surely it should be so it wont get found. Remember theres local lads who are seen about regular who'll be getting the blame!

Exactly you run a dog in the day and you don't know who may have seen you and phoned police last thing you need is to walk back to your car hare in hand and find police waiting for you.

well more fool you to go back walking to your car swinging a dead hare at your side.

So your saying hide it in a ditch, like others have already said.

and folks wonder why there's so many anti's just try justifying running a dog on a hare and then dumping it in a hedge

just waiting for the next 2 threads "where's all the hares gone" and "Whens the ban getting lifted"

Already been done mate,

And apparently it's the gunmen who are to blame.

If some people on here are to be believed, then it won't be long before there's not a single Hare, Fox or Deer left for their dogs to run (pre ban of course :whistling: )..

no thats not what im saying,what im saying is if you are scared of being caught then dont run hares.unlike you i wouldnt just casualy throw them dead in a ditch.if you really cant see the problem with that then you really ought not to hunt.

wont comment anymore but i think our fore fathers would be disgusted at anyone leaving anything behind :cray: :cray: :cray:

I agree but the fact is this forum always has posts on with lurchermen pointing out wrong that lads with dogs have done. We all know theres tw*ts with dogs. This is a public forum. Its no wonder antis are always looking at it if we keep telling them what they like to hear

no thats not what im saying,what im saying is if you are scared of being caught then dont run hares.unlike you i wouldnt just casualy throw them dead in a ditch.if you really cant see the problem with that then you really ought not to hunt.

It's easy for you to say but my permission has various public foot paths, roads, gliders flying about over head people walking where they should not be. We were stopped last tear while ferreting rabbits as walkers had reported us for illegally hunting which we were not. I don't were you live but if you worked the areas we do your dogs would have been taken by now.

wonder just how many of the folk on here spouting off about how bad it is to dump quarry have actually at some time or other done it themselves...most likely most of you i,ll bet :yes:

I was thinking that too, and wondering if the truth be known, how many of them haven't actually caught anything to dump :hmm:

wonder just how many of the folk on here spouting off about how bad it is to dump quarry have actually at some time or other done it themselves...most likely most of you i,ll bet :yes:

Your not condoning it are you mate?

It's easy for you to say but my permission has various public foot paths, roads, gliders flying about over head people walking where they should not be. We were stopped last tear while ferreting rabbits as walkers had reported us for illegally hunting which we were not. I don't were you live but if you worked the areas we do your dogs would have been taken by now.

well thats where you and me differ then.choose the time you go and be a tad more carefull.its not fool proof,but certainly doing your homework helps.

not as many as i should have taken,but dont always have a source for them,so i leave them be.

Theres been times I've been out exercising a dog, not looking for game, in an area I dont usually see game when up its jumped. My dogs have never been to the standard of a lot on here but if they've been off the lead having a gallop when that happens theres times I've found myself with an unexpected catch somewhere I havent planned on being and that games got hidden and picked up later. I cant be the only one thats happened to. Game has often got hidden deliberately as sometimes catchin it is the easy bit and its getting things home without getting pulled that takes all the thought. However I can honestly say I've never gone out with the intention of leaving edible game to rot. But I am not going to jump to conclusions about situations I havent seen for myself. Seeing dead game and assuming lurchers every time is the way wildlife police tell people to think. It might be lurchers. It might be they were shot in the lamp and dumped by the farmer

well thats where you and me differ then.choose the time you go and be a tad more carefull.its not fool proof,but certainly doing your homework helps.

I don't want to run hares on the lamp. I don't need tips I have never been caught.