killing hares

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hear wat your saying pal but its just not in me to kill something then leave it dumped in field never have never will, if your guna jst dump it dont run it

Thats not the point i was getting at. Anybody willing to through them in the ditch at the end of the night should empty there kennels and do the world a favour. Cant believe i'm reading such replies o

not everyone that leaves the catch in the feild wants to . but this goverment and its laws has made it so some people have no choice . example you have been running dogs all your life and they are a w

you boys take this game way too seriously it supposed to be fun fun fun and for me the minute it stops being fun i reckon i will be deed so i dont really give a flying feck if the queen thinks its cruel or if some copper/sherrif thinks its wrong or some guy with a gun shoots 300 hares a day or some guy kills 10 hares on the lamp and dumps the lot or if some guy stands for 4 hours trying to catch a salmon just to put it back so he can class himself as a fisher as long as theyre having fun fun fun

• Like 1

One of the farms I have permission on he shoots hare, fox and rabbit plus game birds all he takes are the game birds slings anything else on the muck heap so don't make out it's just dog men and I bet he is not the only farmer that slings rabbits and hares. I don't know any farmers that can be bothered to gut and skin 20 rabbits.

Yes thats disgusting too......glad to see you think its wrong.....or is it just when a farmer does it its wrong in your eyes?...... :hmm:

I think your missing the point, the land owner views it as pest control nothing more, if you went to a lot of farms growing crops and said I would like to come and shoot one pigeon because that's all I need they would not be intrested they want some one that's going to come and spend a full day shooting them. Same with rabbits an old guy got permission on some land I was already doing after 2 or 3 visits the farmer was curious as to way he only had the odd rabbit when he got back to the yard. He said oh I only net the last set of the day, he was no longer welcome there.

if they are going to the game dealer they dont have to be gutted. it doesnt take much to stick em in a chest freezer and get em picked up when you have a 100 or so . bit of beer money if anything else.

i dont like going out if i cant pick the stuff up

One of the farms I have permission on he shoots hare, fox and rabbit plus game birds all he takes are the game birds slings anything else on the muck heap so don't make out it's just dog men and I bet he is not the only farmer that slings rabbits and hares. I don't know any farmers that can be bothered to gut and skin 20 rabbits.

Yes thats disgusting too......glad to see you think its wrong.....or is it just when a farmer does it its wrong in your eyes?...... :hmm:

I think your missing the point, the land owner views it as pest control nothing more, if you went to a lot of farms growing crops and said I would like to come and shoot one pigeon because that's all I need they would not be intrested they want some one that's going to come and spend a full day shooting them. Same with rabbits an old guy got permission on some land I was already doing after 2 or 3 visits the farmer was curious as to way he only had the odd rabbit when he got back to the yard. He said oh I only net the last set of the day, he was no longer welcome there.

Its very easy to make up excuses to make yourself feel better. You said you throw them in the ditch cause you dont like the taste anyway. Sad in my eyes but maybe not yours.....someone said stick a muzzle on the dog if you are only interested in the course...not sure if thats a great idea either but food for thought.

you cant compare shooting and coursing ones legal ones not no gun is going to get in bother for shooting a hare on his permission and take it home but a dog lad could even if the farmer says its ok! common sense lads ;)

The coursing is the illegal part.....doesn't stop you hanging up your catch and returning for it.

you cant compare shooting and coursing ones legal ones not no gun is going to get in bother for shooting a hare on his permission and take it home but a dog lad could even if the farmer says its ok! common sense lads ;)

The coursing is the illegal part.....doesn't stop you hanging up your catch and returning for it.

Going round in circles here lab mate. As has been said a dozen times allready, that alright if your permission is local, if its not it aint quite so simple. Imagine travelling back up the A1 in your estate/4x4 with 3 fen dogs in the back having clearly been run hard and a game bag full of hares when plod pulls you on a Sunday afternoon....

• Like 1

Going round in circles here lab mate. As has been said a dozen times allready, that alright if your permission is local, if its not it aint quite so simple. Imagine travelling back up the A1 in your estate/4x4 with 3 fen dogs in the back having clearly been run hard and a game bag full of hares when plod pulls you on a Sunday afternoon....

I understand the risk involved mate i really do and thats the reason i would have to say FTB and continue or give up. And i think i would say FTB until the day i lost my dogs then that would be that i'm affraid. Never would i throw the game in the ditch.......But your right were going round in circles so "I'm out!!"..... :thumbs:

• Like 1

thats a great idea if its on your doorstep what if its hundreds of miles away? before the ban lads travel to the fens from all over the country i suppose lab will say they should leave there dogs at home and take a gun instead :laugh:

What happened to the hares that day....did they get left to rot or did they go home with folk.......i bet i know!!! RESPECT!!!

Its very easy to make up excuses to make yourself feel better. You said you throw them in the ditch cause you dont like the taste anyway. Sad in my eyes but maybe not yours.....someone said stick a muzzle on the dog if you are only interested in the course...not sure if thats a great idea either but food for thought.

No it's not they can still kill hares park coursing just takes them longer. I don't understand why people consider hares to be different from fox, plenty of people dig and hunt fox for the sport. Some people on here are just weekend hunters that don't know about hunting. What about these wild fowlers who shoot geese when you speak to them they all say it's like eating cardboard with gravy on yet they still go shooting them ever year you can't tell me they all end up with game dealers. What about woodcock and snipe when I use to go beating no one was bothered about taking them but still shot them. I think theres people on here kidding themselves saying oh I put them in the freezer I bet theres people on here who have game in there freezer that's been there over 5 years and will just end up getting chucked in the bin.

• Like 1

It wont be long in the future when hares are few and far between. There is a difference in hares and rabbits; a hare is a Athlete and deserves respect. we are all country men who enjoy the country side and should think of the younger genaration, if we all went with air guns shooting songbirds just for the hell of it, it would be a quiet place.

• Like 1