killing hares

There is some land not far from were I live owned by national trust, about 30 acers, I some times run the dog there on the way out to strech him out before going for a nights lamping. This land holds a few bunnies and a couple hares,there is a shortage of hares were I live so I dont bother them because it nice to see them about.Last night on the way home we stoped by a layby to gut our night catch, have a smoke and chat before I droping my mate off, while I was guting my mate was lamping over a gate farting around, he noticed two dead hares dumped in the hedge the other side of the gate, this realy pissed me off, what a waste and like I say there are not that many around here anyway.

I have no problem finding people who are glad of a rabbit or two, so why kill just for the sake!

• Like 2

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hear wat your saying pal but its just not in me to kill something then leave it dumped in field never have never will, if your guna jst dump it dont run it

Thats not the point i was getting at. Anybody willing to through them in the ditch at the end of the night should empty there kennels and do the world a favour. Cant believe i'm reading such replies o

not everyone that leaves the catch in the feild wants to . but this goverment and its laws has made it so some people have no choice . example you have been running dogs all your life and they are a w

Know a couple of lads that kill em and just leave them they say they dont wana get caught we them as fines,dogs taking and motors are just some of the things that could happen to them if plod pulled em up me myself never done it just cant do it and never will my dog has caught 4 in the last 2 week and they all came home we me for dog/ferret food as i dont like them to eat myself. Truth is some lads will do this now all coz of the stupid hunting ban!

• Like 3

yes its a waste mate but you dont know what happened if a dog caught them by accident while out on a walk and plod came along what would you do,, risk loosing your dogs or stick them in a hedge and walk off empty handed?

I hear you and agree BUT what can be done/ said to get out of shit if you are driving home with a dog plus hares in the car and you get a tug? I disagree with dumping the catch but it is a foolproof way of keeping your car on your drive and your dogs alive. Maybe as has been said, dump the catch, get the dogs home then go back to collect but if your an hour or more from home its a lot of fookin about. You can only say theyve been shot and retrieved if they have a hole in them AND you have shooting permission AND you have the gun in the car.

thats the point i was making mate if my dog accidentally killed a hare out rabbiting i wouldnt risk me dog i would put it in the hedge and walk off empty handed i think most folk who has had a tug would do the same?

I hear wat your saying pal but its just not in me to kill something then leave it dumped in field never have never will, if your guna jst dump it dont run it

• Like 6

instead of bleating do somethuing about it , never known a cleve rpoacher hunter nowadays take the booty home with dogs always seprate and nothing to do with being scared , if caut guys localy dumping hares would be asking them to dump them at my road end cant beat abit of game stew

• Like 1

Plenty of little pricks started are end ed... was at gwalchmai last season just telling my mate about these wankers dumping what they catch, and just my luck turn the corner right in the middle off the road a big strong hare and 10 rabbits in a big heap in the middle of the road right on bedorgan estate. I know where your talking about and it piss me of when these little know Fuk alls tell me there going there for hares i tell them straight what i think.

I very rarely lamp hares these days as it ain't the fairest of deaths, but if i do there brought home for the dogs. Like yourself its good to see them about, ill be asking about to find out who did it, let you know if i hear anything.

I was out last night with the lamp not a hare did I see, but seen some pricks lamping out of a car window,they have no respect for the land or there quary its f##ing sad,runing two or three dogs at the same time,I was taken out as a young lad and taught to respect peoples land and what I hunted,but not all are young Lads,a lot are men who have had dog for many years, Who just dont give a f**k. :no: sad