Who burns what?

No one has mentioned CO2 detectors, does anyone else have one? I got one in Tesco yesterday (half price @ £8.50 ;) )

All this talk of what can go wrong got me worried, so better safe than sorry I hope!

Feeelllllllllllllllinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ........................... :icon_eek:

Its the law to have a co2 detector in the same room as your stove, it came in as a law in 2010, its in the building regs, its a fine here if you dont have one and get caught, and if you cause someones death by not having one in your home, then the shit can hit the fan big time :thumbs: This I was told when I rang our local building regs department when my next doors said I had to have my chimney lined for it to be legal :thumbs:

I'm not sure how correct this is, but I THINK if the stove is below 7kw then one isn't needed?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i burn tenners in mine,well it f*****g feels like that greedy scottish power lol wish i had a log fire

"During the war .........................."                                                                                         Gonetoearth sitting wa

I hear you are using bridges? lol

Posted Images

No one has mentioned CO2 detectors, does anyone else have one? I got one in Tesco yesterday (half price @ £8.50 ;) )

All this talk of what can go wrong got me worried, so better safe than sorry I hope!

Feeelllllllllllllllinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ........................... :icon_eek:

Its the law to have a co2 detector in the same room as your stove, it came in as a law in 2010, its in the building regs, its a fine here if you dont have one and get caught, and if you cause someones death by not having one in your home, then the shit can hit the fan big time :thumbs: This I was told when I rang our local building regs department when my next doors said I had to have my chimney lined for it to be legal :thumbs:

I'm not sure how correct this is, but I THINK if the stove is below 7kw then one isn't needed?

I think you have to have one to comply with the HETAS certificate. :yes: I picked mine up last night from B&Q - £12.

I think you have to have one to comply with the HETAS certificate. :yes: I picked mine up last night from B&Q - £12.

Cheers Blonde....I'll get me coat :laugh:

• Like 1

Sorry mate, just seen this reply, I told the building control people I had a 4.5kwt stove and no liner, they said the only law that effects me is you have to have a carbon monoxide dector in the same room as your stove, as this became law in 2010 , the only time you need a liner is if your house was built after 1992, pre 92 you only need a liner if you want to sell your house, as you need the heta certificate, dont know if it varies between areas or whether its a blanket thing, only way to be right is to ring your local building control people and see what they say, let me know what they say :thumbs:

I picked up a small bag of anthracite earlier, I'm going to see how that goes in the stove tonight.. :thumbs:

It goes well! :good:

Put up a pic when you get it roaring :D

It don't roar with the coal mate, just glows! :D

P1010099.jpg

I'm finding it more controllable than the wood I've previously used on it.

I picked up a small bag of anthracite earlier, I'm going to see how that goes in the stove tonight.. :thumbs:

It goes well! :good:

Put up a pic when you get it roaring :D

It don't roar with the coal mate, just glows! :D

P1010099.jpg

I'm finding it more controllable than the wood I've previously used on it.

Nice glow :D