RED STAG & HIS SMALL HAREEM

I knew he was there but it was spotting him, well Sunday & Monday i got the chance , he looks a fairly mature stag , very dark compared to the ones I have seen up here in the past . he seems to have 1 star missing , but I think he is a royal stag he has 6 & 5 , not a huge old boy either but very compact & solid , there's nothing up here to challenge him , but there's time yet :laugh:

Another first for me , managing to photograph calves still suckling from hinds , there as big as there mothers most of them, a fantastic weekend despite the very dull conditions & weather, red deer are something I never tire of seeing & watching , learning so much again this year , getting better at tracking them as well , there fair game at the min , just let me photograph them first :laugh:

20111010_113.jpg

20111010_84.jpg

20111010_26bWcopy.jpg

20111010_14.jpg

20111009_118.jpg

20111009_117.jpg

20111009_89.jpg

20111009_87.jpg

20111009_56.jpg

20111009_24.jpg

20111009_61.jpg

20111010_13.jpg

• Like 1

You be carefull about the fields this time of year Kay, if he saw you as a threat, you could well end up a new bonnet mascot for his antlers, be careful ffs, Horny stags dont take prisoners.

B

You be carefull about the fields this time of year Kay, if he saw you as a threat, you could well end up a new bonnet mascot for his antlers, be careful ffs, Horny stags dont take prisoners.

B

Oh very much so there amazingly quick on there feet , i have found a nice spot where I can watch them from if there in the fields , but its amazing how may folks walking dogs just seem oblivious to the fact there rutting , I watched an old dear walk within feet of them on Sunday I had to look away , the stag jumped to his feet, beggers belief sometimes the general stupidity of some folks

• Like 1

You ever got close enough to a stag in the rut Kay??, piss, shit, hormones,earth anything he can put on himself or rub in, I think eau de hob would be quite appealing, brace yourself.... incoming.

If you had your fancy perfume on and he spotted you tying your laces, you could be calving in a few months time :D lol

I usually smell of hob :laugh:

I really hope thats supposed to say HOB :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Im sorry Kay , really i am :angel:

You look sorry .not :laugh: :laugh: