BEST AIR RIFLE FOR MY LAD

LITTLE LAD IS 11 YEARS OLD AND WANTS A NEW AIR RIFLE FOR CHRISTMAS.WHAT WOULD ANYBODY RECOMMEND.HE USES MINE ALL THE TIME BUT FINDS IT TOO HEAVY.GOT OVER 2000 ACRES OF LAND ON OUR DOORSTEP WITH PLENTY TO SHOOT.DONT WANT TO SPEND A FORTUNE BUT WANT SOMETHING HALF DECENT THAT HE CAN HANDLE ON HIS OWN.ANY HELP WELCOME BECAUSE IM NOT A SHOOTING MAN AND DONT WANT TO BE RIPPED OFF IN A GUN SHOP.CHEERS MOUSE.

you need to take him down to a gun shop so he can handle some different rifles (1 mans junk is another mans treasure) every rifles different and its a matter of which 1 feels right too him. after hes found 1 get home and research the rifle (good points and common problems) if the shops prices are steep then look on sites like this on the for sale section. hope it helps :)

It's a bit of a double edged sword buying a rifle for a young one. PCPs can be very light and easy to handle (as above) but they don't always make teaching correct shooting techinques very easy.

He'll have no understanding of recoil for a start which could make him gun-shy if he ever moves to shotguns or CF rifles. Also basic things such as follow through and correct trigger use can be disguised by the easy nature of pre-charged guns.

I'd go for an HW50 if you can find one or even ( I hate to say :laugh: ) one of the BSA Meteors. Springers are harder to master but once he has, He'll be a much better shot in the long run.

It's a bit of a double edged sword buying a rifle for a young one. PCPs can be very light and easy to handle (as above) but they don't always make teaching correct shooting techinques very easy.

He'll have no understanding of recoil for a start which could make him gun-shy if he ever moves to shotguns or CF rifles. Also basic things such as follow through and correct trigger use can be disguised by the easy nature of pre-charged guns.

I'd go for an HW50 if you can find one or even ( I hate to say :laugh: ) one of the BSA Meteors. Springers are harder to master but once he has, He'll be a much better shot in the long run.

he has been firing my spring loaded gun for over 2 years and its a big lump of a thing and using the scope he has down to a t.just want something he can handle on his own and feel comfortable.cheers for the replys so far.

Hi i would go for a BSA ULTRA TACTIAL in .177 or.22 .Nice and light very accurate.Try and get one which has been regged you can get more shots per fill or bye new and save up and get it reged by XTX air .Have a look in the for sale section on this forum or the BSAOG forum.

Tench regulated BSA Ultra, or a Tench regulated "Scultra" (Scorpion carbine) same weight as an ultra but without the MMC system that can be annoying.

60 shots per fill in .177 or 80 in .22 no power curve unlike the s200.

my s200 .177 gets about 100 to the fill (or it will when it comes back lol

atb gary

defo look at the aa s200 mate my daughters been using hers for a few years now and out shoots me every time id get rid of my hw100 mate i got rid of the s200

atb gary

Edited by festa

defo look at the aa s200 [bANNED TEXT] my daughters been using hers for a few years now and out shoots me every time id get rid of my hw100 [bANNED TEXT] i got rid of the s200

atb gary

Hi Gary.

You having her regd and tuned mate?

Bill

yes and an ali cylinder which will give me 3x the shot count as well ive just got the hw back its lost 2lb in weight and fires 165 to the fill now the new cylinder also lets me fit the twink now

atb gary

atb gary