jack hargreaves out of town

This should be on t.v still we wouldnt have kids rioting thed be in the country side!

Iv just looked this up on you tube, my father in law used to watch it, theres tales of ferreting with lurchers to british bird keeping the lot!

not clever eneough to put links up but sure someone could help please. . .

When old boys like this die so do years of English tradition and knowledge, this should be cherished not kept in a bbc volt, this is were you tube is so good. nice to see how lurcher work and the country side was before I was even thought of ! !

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A world full of jack hargreaves and Alf Garnets, Then my bloody alarm woke me up! now that would be a better England!

i have the set for sale 9 dvds in total give me a shout bud

When I was a kid, It was the highlight of my TV week. I used to run home from school, watch out of town while quickly eating my tea, then I'd be over the garden fence into the fields and woods. Lovely

just found a clip " jack hargreaves the lurcher" he talks of not many bedlingtons being around even in them days, and the reason a lurcher is called a lurcher and on what travellers called there dogs, the man talks a lot of sense and has a knowledgeable and mellow voice.

Even with all todays technology the likes off black dog trading and the warrener cant make anything half as intresting, in fact I think if I was forced to watch and listen to that mans videos from sporting days Id throw myself from a bridge!!! all the cerisma of a jelly fish, but Im sure hes a nice chap but so mono tone and boring as a video voice over.

Edited by baldockbanks courser

cant beat a bit of Jack Hargreaves matey...ive an old boy next door to me who is the living version of him...He,s over 80 years old and has a shed just like Jacks full of old and wonderful things..He is also fitter than a butchers dog and could out-walk most of us on this site..

id love to buiy d.v.d of it if it were avaliable, it gives you an insight of how things were and changing, when he said how the lurcher boomed in popularity around the 70s partlie due to them becoming an "anti establishment dog" is still to an extent true now, I was surprised to see alot of saluki xs at the game fair even then,

and when he said even MACHO WOMEN keept lurchers made me laugth he knew his stuff ! LOL

watched it growing up as a kid loved it,think you can get the D.V.D box collection :thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsWsmYZodsY

Nice one watchman just what I was going to ask! to think all these years and I never knew why the dog iv kept had its name!

I also herd there was episods on finch catching and keeping, obviouslie such practices are strictlie illegal and punishable by hanging now er days and can not be condoned tut tut tut,