where did all the wheaten xs come from?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well one day mr Wheaton terrier decided that he was gonna smash mrs greyhounds back doors in and hey presto out came some wheaton x greyhounds I think the original idea was to put them in epupz as a s

was talking to a middle aged irish chap whos keeps lurchers. one question he asked me was (where did all the wheaten crosses come from over this side of the water) he went on to explain that it was

I know a couple lads with working wheatens, also know a couple of them take them to trials, these lads are like the mafia lol you have to be introduced to even get to hear about such dogs. If use are

Posted Images

remember reading edrd back in 94/95 about springviews working wheatons. mark h glen had a litter for sale from the horace dog to a greyhound. did anyone have any wheaton/greys out of this dog?

Me and a mate got 2 1st crosses off the Horace dog direct from Springview in the early 90's,1 was passed on to a young lad and ended up shot by a farmer when they ended up in a situation that was out of their depth..The other bitch worked well with terriers for a good few seasons(she was too heavy for conventional lurcherwork) Until she came to see terriers as fair game and was pts for that reason.She was bred to a 1/2 cross bull off Terminator and produced some cracking working bitches,Though all the dogs in the litter were pts as none of them could be broken to stock despite being homed with experienced dogmen...

very nice dog there lurcher330 looks a good un

all the best for the season

Cheers lurcher330 I'm gutted he's gone mate he was coming on nicely atb cbx

nice 1 dogs and quarry she serves me well

Chris he'd looked a fine dog ,that sort of thing wouldn't happen to a bad one even if ye wanted it to it's always the way

remember reading edrd back in 94/95 about springviews working wheatons. mark h glen had a litter for sale from the horace dog to a greyhound. did anyone have any wheaton/greys out of this dog?

Me and a mate got 2 1st crosses off the Horace dog direct from Springview in the early 90's,1 was passed on to a young lad and ended up shot by a farmer when they ended up in a situation that was out of their depth..The other bitch worked well with terriers for a good few seasons(she was too heavy for conventional lurcherwork) Until she came to see terriers as fair game and was pts for that reason.She was bred to a 1/2 cross bull off Terminator and produced some cracking working bitches,Though all the dogs in the litter were pts as none of them could be broken to stock despite being homed with experienced dogmen...

were they nice and easy to break off the quarry??

were they nice and easy to break off the quarry??

If they were then the 1st bitch i mentioned wouldn't have ended up shot.Or was that a loaded question as someone you know knows the story behind it and it made the welsh news at the time and caused a bit of bother locally ;)

gallery_21594_3705_33665.jpga working wheaten bitch but never consider covering her with a greyhound would rather cover a greyhound bitch with a wheaten dog but this bitch has 8 pups on the ground at the moment for a "WORKING APBT" because could not find a wheaten dog that wasn't too closeily bred to her that was worth using

here is the dog that has covered this bitch he is may day line apbt and the other pic is the bitch out working

post-21594-0-03038400-1317563561_thumb.jpg