MY SALUKI WILL CHASE BUT WONT KILL ANY TIPS

Guest born to run1083

try giving this ago it's only a basic method but works very well and trains there strike and retrieve in one game and most important gives them confidence in chasing quarry and catching the quarry, I get myself a rabbit that the older dogs have caught bring it home, have the pup with me and skin the rabbit by putting a cut at the bottom were it's been gutted and pull the pelt down to the neck. then with the pelt pulled over the head inside out I cut it off at the neck then have a pelt with the head still on. turn the pelt the right way then stuff the pelt with news paper to reform a rabbit, this way is better as you still have the head on it so when placed on the floor it looks identical to if it was alive. stitch the bottom with few threads just to stop news paper coming back out. then I cut few cubs of meat of the rabbit for training perposes later. now I attack string at the bottom of the dummy and imitate a slow course letting puppy win every time. then make him bring it back. this way builds immense confidence in pups and trains for retrieve, strike and running a bunny. when I comes to the transition from dead to alive by doing the above method you have a dog that knows what to do so to speak and used to fur in his mouth. find this method puts alot of good practice ready for later life in the field.

Forget to add, if you dont lay off now and rethink this and give the dog some time to mature this dog will be ruined, and you only have yourself to blame, i dont understand the mad rush to have a 7 month old pup running, 'cos thats all it is a pup, and rather than enter it slowly and have it working for ten or so seasons you are on the fast track to wrecking it........