hows your pups started the season

i have two young dogs here started them about 3 weeks ago these pup never even got rabbits when they were young they r 13m now so brought them out first week and they were running like 6m old pup head in the air and not really no wat there chasing will got them a few slips they do much on the big ears when through the ditches and gates very well so was pleased enough one got hurt and have kept him of so the last two weeks iv just been putting the work into the other one last week could c a big diffrence in him give him a run or two with his father to get it on to a kill so when out today with ice man and the other fella we hunt with had the pup with me and his da started the day first run was killed outta site so went on to the other side of the land bigger fields for a better run a hare breaks down the far side of the field pup sees it and of he goes with ice mans young bitch across the field through the gate and broke into this big field course was on and wat a run this turned into easy 1min till 2mins easy into the second big field and the to young dogs were giving it hell i had to run two fields to watch this just getting to were they had the hare and the next thing i hear was the hare caugh by one of the pups im over the moon at the way that pup of mine has come on lets hope he keeps it up looking good

• Like 2

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have two young dogs here started them about 3 weeks ago these pup never even got rabbits when they were young they r 13m now so brought them out first week and they were running like 6m old pup head

started my blue dog on the lamp, doing well and picked up the idea quickly so always helpful.  

had realy good finish 2 last season with my young and even better start with this season only time will tell if he got want it takes 2 do in season in season out but could,nt be more happy with him h

Posted Images

Took my pup ferreting for the first time 2 weeks ago......first rabbit went under a barb wire fence..... My pup went through it!! Still out of action now. Gutted.

brutal mate always the chnce we take

some good stories here last week ma pup got stuck on barb wire fence ended up hanging upside down way his ankle trappped ,took 2 minutes or so to free him.after a check a new hed be fine but wondered weather hed be put off jumping ,next night he sorted that out :victory:

hammered the lamp this week with my pup. he's 12 months old now and starting to get the hang of it. he was getting a bit frustrated last week with some hard runs but got a few squaters at the start of this week and now he's much more focused, starting to look down the beam and catching rabbits after some pretty tricky and good hard runs. couple of nights running him with my mates dogs is helping him get the idea as well and we've had some pretty useful bags to take home!

my pups doing great mate acounted for some catches over the last month on the lamp she has caught quite a few in the day i havnt had her out as much as id like to but i think il run her more when the weathers in our favour :thumbs:

i have two young dogs here started them about 3 weeks ago these pup never even got rabbits when they were young they r 13m now so brought them out first week and they were running like 6m old pup head in the air and not really no wat there chasing will got them a few slips they do much on the big ears when through the ditches and gates very well so was pleased enough one got hurt and have kept him of so the last two weeks iv just been putting the work into the other one last week could c a big diffrence in him give him a run or two with his father to get it on to a kill so when out today with ice man and the other fella we hunt with had the pup with me and his da started the day first run was killed outta site so went on to the other side of the land bigger fields for a better run a hare breaks down the far side of the field pup sees it and of he goes with ice mans young bitch across the field through the gate and broke into this big field course was on and wat a run this turned into easy 1min till 2mins easy into the second big field and the to young dogs were giving it hell i had to run two fields to watch this just getting to were they had the hare and the next thing i hear was the hare caugh by one of the pups im over the moon at the way that pup of mine has come on lets hope he keeps it up looking good

say that run was over 2 mins the longest run day was you trying catch up on the course that was about 20 mins :toast: :toast:

:thumbs: :thumbs:

hammered the lamp this week with my pup. he's 12 months old now and starting to get the hang of it. he was getting a bit frustrated last week with some hard runs but got a few squaters at the start of this week and now he's much more focused, starting to look down the beam and catching rabbits after some pretty tricky and good hard runs. couple of nights running him with my mates dogs is helping him get the idea as well and we've had some pretty useful bags to take home!

excellent mate :victory: rabbit mann spot on ta

Edited by toffee

Mines started slowly going out 3/5nights a week and in his first two weeks he had 2 rabbits but dropped both :( then he bagged his first two in one night with some great runs, week later he got another 2 :) now he's spotting rabbits in the lamp coming straight back after a slip, retrived 2 to hand but 1 Out of the 4 was a sitter so didn't hav to retrieve it lol so in all he's had sone very good runs bagged 4, keen as mustard so looking promising ;) atb with your pups

Edited by nat

Mines started slowly going out 3/5nights a week and in his first two weeks he had 2 rabbits but dropped both :( then he bagged his first two in one night with some great runs, week later he got another 2 :) now he's spotting rabbits in the lamp coming straight back after a slip, retrived 2 to hand but 1 Out of the 4 was a sitter so didn't hav to retrieve it lol so in all he's had sone very good runs bagged 4, keen as mustard so looking promising ;) atb with your pups

goodyin nat :thumbs:

pup done excellent again last night had him out lightly during the day 2 bunnies,just enough nurishment when he was kennelled to give him energy for the lamp,was worried about his fitness or fatigue but yet again proved wrong, 1 danggley an a right course which ended with a lift an retreive :thumbs: :thumbs:

here is my bros pups that we have just started, they both had there first kill and first night on the lamp at 13 months old, both doing extremely well so far..

the dog on the right is the pup called Reggie..

2011-09-24183715.jpg

the bitch on the right is the pup called Sox

2011-09-10154715.jpg

2011-08-30105823.jpg

• Like 1