I have done it now...

As you know Mary has been after a springer for a while now, and I thought that perhaps a nice underlever would be easier to cock than a break barrel, well what do I get for thinking? Scanning underlever models I found myself being tempted to my nemesis air rifle brand, the dreaded AA, yes, Mole the anti Air Arms man was being sucked slowly under the surface of reasoning. Why?

They are known to be very well built, very very well built, have an excellent mechanism, be reliable as hell, accurate as heck and be beautiful to look at. Well I found one, lurking on another forum, thought it was an early model as no anti bear trap (careful with the fingers then), looked in good condition, nice bit of wood on the stock, ancient (and I do mean ancient) Tasco 4x40 scope with a silver deer on the side, Jack Pyke gunbag and a sling, well priced too.

Muppet here did not do enough research, I thought it was an ambidextrous grip, wrong, right hand only, but the price was too good, so now we have added a TX200 mark 1 to the arsenal. Looking for a left handed stock for it, But it is like nettle rash this rifle, gets under your skin, beautifully balanced, a lovely weapon, what am I saying? This is an Air Arms, but it is so nice, going for a lay down in a darkened room to see if this passes...

Edited by secretagentmole

I found myself being tempted to my nemesis air rifle brand, the dreaded AA, yes, Mole the anti Air Arms man was being sucked slowly under the surface of reasoning.

But it is like nettle rash this rifle, gets under your skin, beautifully balanced, a lovely weapon, what am I saying? This is an Air Arms, but it is so nice, goign for a lay down in a darkened room to see if this passes...

At last , in your multitude of BS posts and threads , you MAY have seen the light .

Funny how the post about it on AAOC reads VERY differently ...........

Edited by Buster321c

That was a T200 PCP Buster, this thing is built like a Churchill tank, I would like to know when it was made though, I think this has to be one of the first of the first according to the serial number. I did try to PM you though to try and find what spring you would recommend, but your inbox was full.

It is one of those rifles you pick up and it just feels right, no other way to put it. It feels right, like a Super Ten does to me as well. It is a behemoth though. It does work perfectly, though I believe power is a little down at 10 fpe, which is why a spring may be needed (do not think it has ever been serviced), as well as the usual service kit.

What would you recommend for bringing it back to the peak of it's performance?

The full lowdown on the rifle, manufactured 1992, beech stocked .177. Price for service kit including mainspring, very reasonable, £37.10.

Edited to add, apart from the fact they are having a problem sourcing the springs, so that will have to hold off now!

Now...at last... you'll get some idea of why I rave about top quality spring rifles Mike..and why Hatstands are..

Never mind. Top quality is great kit to be used in the field, not as snobby yardstick about the size of you wallet, knob, whatever........!

Happy shooting with it mate. Bring it with you when you come up to visit my shoot and show us how well you shoot it at the mental distance targets me and Andy warm up on!

All the best

Simon

Edited by pianoman