Would you pay for your digging?

Was talking with a close digging friend of mine recently and we got onto Hunts and hunting in general and he was of the opinion that a lot of the hunts even the bigger ones struggle financially and rely on donations to keep them going. The conversation then led onto terrier men and how their role has changed somewhat since the ban with no stopping being done whether the fulltime terrier man may become a thing of the past. It made me think would the situation ever arise, with permission for digging always hard to come by and with shooting Foxes seeming to be a more acceptable way of controlling Foxes (not my opinion) that the Terrier men will end up paying to dig with the hunt like you do to take part in many other Field sports.

It may sound unlikely but with increasing financial pressures on the Hunts and with regular/legal digging on offer would anyone be tempted. Just wondered what other peoples views would be on paying for their digging?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

by the nature of the post it sounds like yur man wooly is lookin to see if the normal joe soap that keeps diggin dogs would be willing to donate money to whichever hunt, in exchange for permission to

I'de sooner give em my first born son, but then again i'de give the tw@t to anyone. NOT A CHANCE

You take all the shit and do all the work and do them the favour so why should you pay ?

I think he ment would you pay to get your digging fella ???? No I wouldnt have plenty of ground and farmers glad to see us coming. That's just me though !!

I think it is so hush hush in england now with a lot of the diging lads that if a farmer offered them plenty of safe diging for a reasonable fee they could be tempted.We are in a different situation over here as the farmers love to see us coming,and any time im in the pup there is always some farmer wants a job sorted.

by the nature of the post it sounds like yur man wooly is lookin to see if the normal joe soap that keeps diggin dogs would be willing to donate money to whichever hunt, in exchange for permission to dig, im probably readin into it too much, but i'd throw a few quid to a hunt or a farmer in exchange for a birra permission...

• Like 1

Was talking with a close digging friend of mine recently and we got onto Hunts and hunting in general and he was of the opinion that a lot of the hunts even the bigger ones struggle financially and rely on donations to keep them going. The conversation then led onto terrier men and how their role has changed somewhat since the ban with no stopping being done whether the fulltime terrier man may become a thing of the past. It made me think would the situation ever arise, with permission for digging always hard to come by and with shooting Foxes seeming to be a more acceptable way of controlling Foxes (not my opinion) that the Terrier men will end up paying to dig with the hunt like you do to take part in many other Field sports.

It may sound unlikely but with increasing financial pressures on the Hunts and with regular/legal digging on offer would anyone be tempted. Just wondered what other peoples views would be on paying for their digging?

even the big hunts have all ways had donations wether its hunt balls or cap meets terrier/ hound shows ,farmers etc etc nothing new terrier men hunt that is would wish there only duty was stopping , the cover a lot more than you think every one pays in some form or another