I would be more tempted to put the dog under a lamp, to keep the muscle warm and on a BIG pile of shredded paper or similar to take any weight off the shoulder. I wouldn't rub anything in to it personnally, as the dog will, being a dog, lick it off if he can access it, and , unless its stuff designed for that purpose, may well do the dog more harm than good. Heat will do a muscle injury good, but with a joint or broken bone, is more likel;y to intensify the inflamation . Like in humans, muscle strain, hot bath, ligament / tendon injury, bag of frozen peas out of the freezer, same principle. Sorry forry the long winded reply :icon_redface: Hope it may ease the injury of some dogs down the line.

B

I've found Zheng Gu Shui a very effective anti inflammatory and pain killer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=zheng+gu+shui&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=15127065354&ref=pd_sl_3g1col164_b

Not expensive, and although made for humans it was recommended to me by a canine osteopath, Robert Meek. I can vouch for this stuff as I need to use it quite regularly on my own messed up body :laugh: and it certainly seems to help relieve soreness etc around joints, tendons, and muscles.

And ibruprofen is dangerous for dogs.

would you use anything to rub into a dog for say bruised shoulder things like that :thumbs:

would you use anything to rub into a dog for say bruised shoulder things like that :thumbs:

I use gold label witch hazel and arnica gel for muscle strains etc, works a treat. It brings out any bruising really quick and cuts down recovery time.

I use gold label witch hazel and arnica gel for muscle strains etc, works a treat. It brings out any bruising really quick and cuts down recovery time.

cheers :thumbs: