kania 2000 squirrel trap

Guest clairian09

Guest clairian09

I,ve just started to use a kania 2000 to trap squirrels & not having much success,

I sprayed it black to blend in & i have tried peanuts, wallnuts, peanut butter, had it low on the main trunk then higher above the fork of the trunk & not caught. there are 2 squirrels up the tree every day eating the new wall nuts Any sugestions please

I,ve just started to use a kania 2000 to trap squirrels & not having much success,

I sprayed it black to blend in & i have tried peanuts, wallnuts, peanut butter, had it low on the main trunk then higher above the fork of the trunk & not caught. there are 2 squirrels up the tree every day eating the new wall nuts Any sugestions please

You have basically answered your own question.........the squirrels have an abundant food source without having to go anywhere near your Kania. The same trap set when natural food was in short supply would almost certainly pay dividends. The squirrels will be looking to store the walnuts in the near vicinity so a bodygrip in a cubby or Fenn in a tunnel at the base of the tree would be more productive. If it is safe to do so..........a carefully placed shot from a suitably powered air-rifle would be the quickest answer.

The cheeky little bugger in my garden likes to sit above my Fenn trap tunnel and shell the walnuts,but soon they will be running low and then he will be mine. :yes:

Aye, bide your time and he will soon secome to temptation :thumbs:

try using a slice of bread,, they cant resist that ,white,brown wholemeal etc,, but tip is its got to be medium cut,, they dont like thin or thick

• Like 1

try using a slice of bread,, they cant resist that ,white,brown wholemeal etc,, but tip is its got to be medium cut,, they dont like thin or thick

:laugh: and they dont like the crusts either

the squirrels might not have looked in your trap,, what i mean is they use there eyes in the tree to look for the nuts,, only using scent to distinquish the ripest ones.

try setting the trap upside down with nuts on the trap as well as inside, i have used it like this on a fence line with devasting results

pics39001.jpg

pics39002.jpg

pics39005.jpg

heres some fenn 6 set in wire tunels up the tree,,, this one is in a walnut tree whilst its fruiting i have taken 23 squirrels from this trap and a trap in a spanish chestnut in just a couple of weeks

PICS130004.jpg

PICS130003.jpg

If you have a rabbit trap try putting a blob of peanut butter, just behind the trigger flap, with a couple of hazel nuts stuck in the top. They can see it, they can smell it, and they can't resist it!. I use fat balls as well, some times you get magpies with them. Last year when i had a fat ball in there i came out in the morning and there was a black bird in there. He was flapping around,and a bit upset, as i let him go .Every morning i would come out and there was this bloody black bird just sat there waiting to be let out after eating his fill of fat ball, come the end i would open the trap and he would just hop out , like he was saying ''cheers for that!''.