GETTING IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it really depends on what kind of night i'm expecting to do. if i wanna be out for a while, then i feed wholemeal food...ie bread, rice, porridge in the morning. always give 8 hours plus before runnin

i think if your lamping after midnight,, feeding them at tea time, is perfect, gives them 6-8 hours to digest there food, of course if your going soon as its dark,, you got to alter this

yep...100% i would "not" go out if my dog had just fed. Firstly, would you feel like running after a meal. Secondly his performance will be restricted, he won't catch, his confidence may get affected

i usally feed my dogs in the mornings. when i am working them i will feed in the morning as usall then give them a small feed upto 4 hours before i go out depending on how hard a night i think i will be having.

not feeding a dog for 24hours before running them imo is a load of bollox and bloody dangerous for the dog. many a time ive seen dogs run without being fed for 24 hours and they have collapsed everyone with the same problem there blood sugar levels have dropped and some have started to fit which sometimes can cause death. the drop in sugar levels i would say is down to the lack of food for the body to feed off.

ive never known a dog thats been fed 10 hours previous collapse from low sugar levels. you dont go to work on a empty stomach so why expect your dog too. this is based on what i have experienced others might say different.

• Like 1

iv always fed last thing at night no matter what but this year for the first time i will be giving a small meal few hours before to see if i can spot any differences in the way my bitch performs as i say never have before so if it doesnt make a visible difference to me then back to the single feed last thing at night,i suppose its just knowing when and how much if i go down this route so your answers are welcome :D

usually feed late at night...but if i'm out for a long hard night..i feed a small light meal at least 6-8 hours before i go. If its just a steady night with not too many runs i don't feed.It all depends on how hard the dogs going to be working on the night/day.

it really depends on what kind of night i'm expecting to do. if i wanna be out for a while, then i feed wholemeal food...ie bread, rice, porridge in the morning. always give 8 hours plus before running on the lamp. then when i get back, the body will crave protein so feed what the'ye caught. they love it!!! then i feed myself what i crave...love a beer when i get in.

• Like 2

This is interesting, id like to know if it does actually make a difference. My thoughts were that if the dogs stomach was empty then it would obviously be lighter and able to run faster, but couldn't keep going all night as it has no fuel to do it. So i decided to feed mine 1 chicken wing 4 hours before work and then her usual meal when we get back.