Glad to hear you are sorted with some :victory: ..when i first wanted some a couple of year's back i had a nightmare finding some and when i finally did come across some at a poultry auction i had to pay over the odd's for them..

dunno what kind they are though forgot to ask lol yea im looking forward to keeping them.eventually im gonna get my aviary built.gonna keep british birds.was hoping to get it this year,but other things came up.ill get there though lol

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f**k that Ideation, get some Khaki Campbell ducks, only need a shallow washing up type bowl for water and lay like f**k, a duck egg in a bacon butty will have it running down your chin like an amateur

Ducks also make one hell of a mess: if there's water they just have to splash it all over the place, then paddle about in it: if you don't want a sea of mud then don't get a duck! Yes, I know the egg

If you get stuck Scot, Im down south coming back up Thursday.....

To me they don't seem to taste much different but some of the friend's and family i give them too seem to think they taste different and nicer than chook egg's..they have a better nutritional value than chicken egg's and you cannot get salmonella from them apparently.. i like boiling a load and put them on a plate with some salt on them and eating them like sweet's.. :laugh: ..i know a lot of folk like to pickle them too.

Don't taste any different to me either mate. :no: I used to keep a cock and a few hens in the bottom of my granddads aviary when I was younger. I even made an omelette with about 30 eggs once to see what it tasted like! :laugh: Just tasted the same as a normal one. :thumbs: