Wolfhound/Greyhound x Pitbull Terrier. (I'm in Canada; dont kill me)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think what we have here is a naive person, who got a rescue dog from a pound or something, briefly read up about lurchers on wikipedia, then talked to a few local hunters about hunting in the locali

Here you go J.DOG, as I mentioned in the other thread - a pic of my pups dad, who has equal content - 50/50 wolfhound greyhound. He is one of the strongest dogs I have ever met, once saw him kill a c

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing your photos. I love that dog. Looks like a really powerful dog to me. Ever done weightpull with him? Even a small dirt-bike tire? If not I would love to see this dog

Posted Images

do you not think your putting the cart before the horse?

your dog hasnt proved itself at all yet.

and has the pitbull ever worked?

why not just buy a pup off working parents if you need one?

I am not interested in waiting for the dog to prove its self in that sense.

The pitbull is the decendent of a very famous dog called Eli, you can google him if your curious as to what hes like physically. She is papered to him etc.

This is a game-bred line, they are game or your money back and a free pup from the kennel I got it from.

As I said 2 times in the original post..these pups are not being bred yet as they are not even mature.. so I'm not putting anything before anything. I am asking for a physical image or point of reference. Which the useful lads before you have provided for the most part..

Also the wolfhound greyhound cross has both parents working, and I've been in the fields with my pup before - he is certainly game for the sport and thats all I need. Doesnt need to prove more to me.

The only thing my dogs need to prove to me is health and obedience. I will work with the rest (gameness, speed, stamina, etc).

this is surely a wind up

Everyones an expert on cougar hunting now eh?

No expert on cougar hunting fella but im no fanny and work big lurchers and bloodhounds so i know what these types are capable off and killing a cougar is something they are not

I always like the way that you get a load of folks that have never even seen a cougar telling a bloke that lives in a country over run with them, where they are regularly hunted with dogs, that it is impossible that a dog killed one.

blah blah blah IMO . . . . . . well your opinion ain't worth shit buddy!

I went on google images came across dogos killing cougars

am sure i read somewhere that the cats they test these dogs on have their claws removed. Dog of course doesn't know this when it piles in so still shows some serious bottle but the cats are not capable of doing any serious damage as they would under normal circumstances. There is a video of very similar to these images where the dogo has the cat by the throat and the cat is trying to push it off with back legs slipping off its belly

I think what we have here is a naive person, who got a rescue dog from a pound or something, briefly read up about lurchers on wikipedia, then talked to a few local hunters about hunting in the locality, then thinks the rescue dog would somehow be a good hunter. They havent done anything in the field, because if they had, they would know their delusional ideas and beliefs were unrealistic. And now they have somehow got the delusional notion - "my dog needs to kill big game, so I think I will breed it to a pitbull".

My advice to you MidnightSun, is to get off the computer, and take your dog out into the field this winter, and see what happens. Let your dog see all this big game which you really need to kill, or be defended from ( :rolleyes:). I hope you will be carrying a gun! You'll need it.

Edited by cúagusgiorraí
  • Like 2

I always like the way that you get a load of folks that have never even seen a cougar telling a bloke that lives in a country over run with them, where they are regularly hunted with dogs, that it is impossible that a dog killed one.

If you want to believe a lad that says hes done nothing with his dogs but in the next breathe he says his lurcher and blood hound killed a 200lb puma you craic on fella

Here you go J.DOG, as I mentioned in the other thread - a pic of my pups dad, who has equal content - 50/50 wolfhound greyhound.

He is one of the strongest dogs I have ever met, once saw him kill a cougar with just the help of a bloodhound - did most the work too(we were not hunting, we were hiking and nearly got stealth bombed by a cougar so they joyfully saved us haha)....I wish he was mine but sadly hes not haha.

photo1etw.jpg

Dont you guys just love the wolfhound mane on this guy!

Looks very wild and exotic to me.

Hope my pup grows one of them manes out, his hairs unpredictable as david beckham atm - keeps shedding his wolfhound overcoat in certain spots.

Atb to you too J.DOG

Is there a working wolfhound left in the world,??

smart looking dog ,but he looks very tidy to be half wolfhound,was expecting something heaver boned,

Here you go J.DOG, as I mentioned in the other thread - a pic of my pups dad, who has equal content - 50/50 wolfhound greyhound.

He is one of the strongest dogs I have ever met, once saw him kill a cougar with just the help of a bloodhound - did most the work too(we were not hunting, we were hiking and nearly got stealth bombed by a cougar so they joyfully saved us haha)....I wish he was mine but sadly hes not haha.

photo1etw.jpg

Dont you guys just love the wolfhound mane on this guy!

Looks very wild and exotic to me.

Hope my pup grows one of them manes out, his hairs unpredictable as david beckham atm - keeps shedding his wolfhound overcoat in certain spots.

Atb to you too J.DOG

Is there a working wolfhound left in the world,??

smart looking dog ,but he looks very tidy to be half wolfhound,was expecting something heaver boned,

There hasnt been a wolfhound for donkeys years,the shite you now call a wolfhound was created by a captain Graham in the 1800's by breeding deerhound,mastiff and great danes together,faulty as f**k and not something i would breed running dogs from EVER.

The true wolfhound was likely to be a varient of the deerhound,these dogs were owned by royalty and were given as gifts between royals and tribal leaders,they would undoutably have bred with each other.

If you want to believe a lad that says hes done nothing with his dogs but in the next breathe he says his lurcher and blood hound killed a 200lb puma you craic on fella

I didn't say i believed this lad, i just think it's funny how many experts you get on here on stuff they have never encountered in their lives.

It's the old, i have not seen it / i don't THINK it could happen. . . . . therefore it is 'impossible'.

Also i don't think he said it was his dogs did he.