I have a bedlington terrier which i do work a little on the ground, but she has suffered ear infections since being a year old now shes coming 6 but it costs quite a bit everytime shes at the vets is there anyway i can buy the canural online or local without a prescription?? as she has another ear infection and looks like another trip to the vet!

Vet wont do repeat prescriptions :( and its every few months she gets them said it will be an on going problem with her now, yes it is ear canker and yes i clip her myself and tweeze the hair from her ears, always check for grass seed etc as she has a skin problem 2 in summer nothing but a worry!

hi thanks that thornit looks like what i need thanks have you used it before? it is brown her hair and not as weepy what it normally is and she does chew her paws so sounds like it could be mite as she's chewed really bad for last few months and skin scrape came back clear so can only try :)

I have found that vets love to do a repeat prescription but they want to see the dog again and charge you for looking at it and then prescribe the same thing and a little more because its come back again grrrrr...

I have found an excellent dog vet in Devon and she is mobile its Mercury vet if anyone down here needs a good vet. http://www.mercuryvets.co.uk/

I have found that vets love to do a repeat prescription but they want to see the dog again and charge you for looking at it and then prescribe the same thing and a little more because its come back again grrrrr...

I have found an excellent dog vet in Devon and she is mobile its Mercury vet if anyone down here needs a good vet. http://www.mercuryvets.co.uk/

Yeah thats what they want to do i get them same meds as before but they want to see blade my beddy and it soon starts to mount up!! thornit has came yesterday and i am on day 2 and i can all ready see a difference thanks again all, i have a happy dog once again.

I know this might sound stupid, but ear infections, canker etc is often caused by a yeast overgrowth. I've never known it in dogs which are fed on a cereal free diet: wheat and maize seem to be the two main causes, though any cereal which ferments can be a problem. Try feeding a raw diet and only giving cooked rice as the carbohydrate.

• Like 1

I have a mate at work who works a lab bitch.everytime the dog hits water she gets ear infections.

now i asked him if it was a particular pond,lake or stream thinking it might be the cause with something in the water but he said no.its all water?

would any of the above remedies help? or is there a preventitive solution to this.i.e something he can apply first before going out?

anybody else had or have this?