I'm thinking of breeding my EU polecats

My granddad and uncle had breeding books going back years with their finches, but birth certificates? :doh: Suppose it would be OK if it was a quirky way of self keeping records, but then I suppose they'd be files. :hmm: I'd be far too embarrassed to call them birth certificates in public though.. :icon_redface::laugh:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be honest I would think long & hard about breeding anything, ferrets dogs whatever, if your main reason is a cosmetic one I seriously dont think its a good enough reason for you to be simply br

See that? That's where you've just lost your credibility. Call it youthful exuberance or whatever, but you've just boasted to a bloke on an internet forum that you can almost guarantee that your ferr

Jesus fecking christ, has no one heard of sarcasm and taking the piss???

I have a few EU's, I my self breed ferrets. I only breed if i know i have certain homes. (Read my Profile for more info) I really like my EU's i have 5 cracking workers. I search all over the country for EU's to make sure i don't cross blood lines. I have birth certificates for them all so i know were they have come fro and their blood line. Although a lot of people believe inbreeding ferrets is fine, i for one don't like the idea. I'll get some pics up soon :)

:hmm: birth certificates for ferrets right thats fkn it :laugh::hunter::snack:

I keep them so i can keep on track of blood lines and so on... I know it sounds crazy, but its the way i keep a file on all the ferrets i breed, and have done for many years, between me and my grandfather we have 46 years of experience in breeding ferrets, keeping birth certificates, is an easier way of keeping track on what we breed. So laugh all you want bud :D but we are well known for the line of workers we breed, only breeding when we have certain homes for em' too. And the way we keep track of the blood lines works a treat, believe it or not, people do ask for birth certificates, so they them selfs no what working parents there ferrets has come from, so they can then pass it on. ( a bit like pedigree dogs, and show horses ).

FFS.........pedigree dogs and show horse's.But you've got ferrets you pleb,I think i'm going insane mun.

I know iv got ferrets mate, you don't need to point that out... I'm not comparing them to horses and dogs, just the way birth certificates are used for them. You obviously don't give a flying F#ck were your ferrets come from (if you even keep ferrets). I also pointed out that i know its sounds crazy, but people do ask for them, so there must be good reasons for them. I'm not really one for arguing mate, so lets just agree to disagree? you think its ridiculous, i think its useful to both the new owner and my self. :)

I have a few EU's, I my self breed ferrets. I only breed if i know i have certain homes. (Read my Profile for more info) I really like my EU's i have 5 cracking workers. I search all over the country for EU's to make sure i don't cross blood lines. I have birth certificates for them all so i know were they have come fro and their blood line. Although a lot of people believe inbreeding ferrets is fine, i for one don't like the idea. I'll get some pics up soon :)

I keep them so i can keep on track of blood lines and so on... I know it sounds crazy, but its the way i keep a file on all the ferrets i breed, and have done for many years, between me and my grandfather we have 46 years of experience in breeding ferrets, keeping birth certificates, is an easier way of keeping track on what we breed. So laugh all you want bud :D but we are well known for the line of workers we breed, only breeding when we have certain homes for em' too. And the way we keep track of the blood lines works a treat, believe it or not, people do ask for birth certificates, so they them selfs no what working parents there ferrets has come from, so they can then pass it on. ( a bit like pedigree dogs, and show horses ).

ill bet you dont get asked for a birth certificate from someone who wants them solely for working.think its a lot of hassle and tbh nonsense,but then again it makes no diffrence to me what you do mate

FFS.........pedigree dogs and show horse's.But you've got ferrets you pleb,I think i'm going insane mun.

I know iv got ferrets mate, you don't need to point that out... I'm not comparing them to horses and dogs, just the way birth certificates are used for them. You obviously don't give a flying F#ck were your ferrets come from (if you even keep ferrets). I also pointed out that i know its sounds crazy, but people do ask for them, so there must be good reasons for them. I'm not really one for arguing mate, so lets just agree to disagree? you think its ridiculous, i think its useful to both the new owner and my self. :)

You got me fella.........I don't hunt,I'm just a messer.

I just read your profile your feckin 22 and run a ferret rescue..........tell you what mate you run along now and play fluffy ferrets I've forgot more about ferrets than you feckin know.

It's people like you with talk about birth certificates that wil be the ruination of "the WORKING FERRET!" :bye:

I just read your profile your feckin 22 and run a ferret rescue..........tell you what mate you run along now and play fluffy ferrets I've forgot more about ferrets than you feckin know.

It's people like you with talk about birth certificates that wil be the ruination of "the WORKING FERRET!" :bye:

yes i am 22, iv been ferreting since i was a younge lad, i do run a ferret rescue, i help my grandad, and its ignorant people like you that make people think 'a ferret is just a ferret' let me tell you something, and this a can almost guarantee fu#kin tee! the ferrets we breed will piss all over the ferrets you work. We have generations of lines, each better than the last, we only breed the best with the best. yeah yours work, they probably bolt a few. There are diffences between working ferrets and non working ferrets, i know this because we rehome ferrets as pets, not as working ferrets, but as pets, house ferrets. i have a ferret that comes and goes as it pleases, uses the catflap and the cats litter tray! and i use him for working. when i'm watching t.v he will happily sit on my lap. Like i said, lets agree to disagree, poeple have there views of ferrets, which are widely spread, but just because you think differently to me doesn't mean either of us is right.

yes i am 22, iv been ferreting since i was a younge lad, i do run a ferret rescue, i help my grandad, and its ignorant people like you that make people think 'a ferret is just a ferret' let me tell you something, and this a can almost guarantee fu#kin tee! the ferrets we breed will piss all over the ferrets you work. We have generations of lines, each better than the last, we only breed the best with the best. yeah yours work, they probably bolt a few. There are diffences between working ferrets and non working ferrets, i know this because we rehome ferrets as pets, not as working ferrets, but as pets, house ferrets. i have a ferret that comes and goes as it pleases, uses the catflap and the cats litter tray! and i use him for working. when i'm watching t.v he will happily sit on my lap. Like i said, lets agree to disagree, poeple have there views of ferrets, which are widely spread, but just because you think differently to me doesn't mean either of us is right.

or wrong.

I can trace my current line of "WORKING FERRETS" back around 15 years mate...........no birth certificates,no cat flaps FFS lad your making yourself sound stupid now.

Like I said run along to the fluffy ferret forum..........agree to disagree on what?That you keep pot-licking ferrets.

I can trace my current line of "WORKING FERRETS" back around 15 years mate...........no birth certificates,no cat flaps FFS lad your making yourself sound stupid now.

Like I said run along to the fluffy ferret forum..........agree to disagree on what?That you keep pot-licking ferrets.

uses the catflap and watches telly :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

my poor sods have to make do with knocking on the door, and only have the radio and a good book for entertainment.

• Like 1

Ok mate, thanks for your intelligent input. the cat flap was used to make a point. To be honest i don't care if i look/sound stupid. i enjoy what i do, i love ferreting. I obviously look at it from a different angle to most lol any way mate.. happy ferreting :)

yes i am 22, iv been ferreting since i was a younge lad, i do run a ferret rescue, i help my grandad, and its ignorant people like you that make people think 'a ferret is just a ferret' let me tell you something, and this a can almost guarantee fu#kin tee! the ferrets we breed will piss all over the ferrets you work.

See that? That's where you've just lost your credibility. :yes: Call it youthful exuberance or whatever, but you've just boasted to a bloke on an internet forum that you can almost guarantee that your ferrets are superior. Now, you don't know the fella from Adam, and the UK is a hotbed of working ferret owners. In your (narrow) mind you obviously think what you and your grandad do is superior to anyone else in the UK. That is a very blinkered approach to life & in my mind show's you up either as very naive or very inexperienced.

..and to top it off, anyone who can call themselves a 'rescue' and a 'ferret breeder' in the same breath needs looking at. There is a real problem with unwanted ferrets, and all the while you're adding to the population while trying to line your pockets at the same time. Most of us have taken in unwanted ferrets at some point, it don't make us ferret rescues. :no: I had 22 ferrets at one point, but still wouldn't have the neck to describe myself as a 'rescue'.. :doh:

• Like 2

uses the catflap and watches telly :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

my poor sods have to make do with knocking on the door, and only have the radio and a good book for entertainment.

lol yea i was just making a point mate.. and yours must be really clever, reading a book. not been able to get myn to do that yet... (sarcasm by the way). :) i just don't understand why people get upset when some mentions using a ferret for something other than working. or the fact keeping a record of ferrets in a form of a birth certificate is so outrageous. We keep em as a file, thats all, we dont sell them we dont put the time they were born, or stupid things like that. Simply, hob, jill they came from, season they were born and a short description of the kit.

Ok mate, thanks for your intelligent input. the cat flap was used to make a point. To be honest i don't care if i look/sound stupid. i enjoy what i do, i love ferreting. I obviously look at it from a different angle to most lol any way mate.. happy ferreting :)

Tell you what young fella bring a couple of your "super trick ferrets" and we'll have a day out.........working them,YES working them then I'll give you an honest experienced oponion on your ferrets.

And by the way you keep ferrets YOU don't do ferreting.

yes i am 22, iv been ferreting since i was a younge lad, i do run a ferret rescue, i help my grandad, and its ignorant people like you that make people think 'a ferret is just a ferret' let me tell you something, and this a can almost guarantee fu#kin tee! the ferrets we breed will piss all over the ferrets you work.

See that? That's where you've just lost your credibility. :yes: Call it youthful exuberance or whatever, but you've just boasted to a bloke on an internet forum that you can almost guarantee that your ferrets are superior. Now, you don't know the fella from Adam, and the UK is a hotbed of working ferret owners. In your (narrow) mind you obviously think what you and your grandad do is superior to anyone else in the UK. That is a very blinkered approach to life & in my mind show's you up either as very naive or very inexperienced.

..and to top it off, anyone who can call themselves a 'rescue' and a 'ferret breeder' in the same breath needs looking at. There is a real problem with unwanted ferrets, and all the while you're adding to the population while trying to line your pockets at the same time. Most of us have taken in unwanted ferrets at some point, it don't make us ferret rescues. :no: I had 22 ferrets at one point, but still wouldn't have the neck to describe myself as a 'rescue'.. :doh:

your right, it was narrow minded, i apologize. As a rescue we don't sell them mate, purely none profitable. As long as they go to good homes, we are happy. Like i said we only breed if guaranteed good homes. I'm not on here to gain credibility, my first post was just general information. Wasn't expecting to be slated for what i enjoy doing.

However you are right, i dont know him from adam, my coment was completely boll#x and i do now feel like a plonka.

• Like 1