First blood for the Scorpian SE

Hi all.

Well the SE is now Christened.

Went to one of my permissions with my mate Rich and his son John.

This was Johns first trip with us to the ground, so after a quick briefing of the land, we were ready for the off.

Rich went up on the high ground, and John went in the lower fields towards the river, I took the middle ground.

It was warm and lots of bloody midges about, got a few nice bites :censored:

I suppose I had made about 150 yds along the hedge and spotted a bunny just out from the hedge at around 35yds.

Slowly I got down into prone, hoping he would move out a bit, and give me a clear shot.

Watching him through the scope, he was quite content and going nowhere.

Then it happened, over the ridge appeared the head of a cow.

From previous experience I knew this was the end of the visit to this field, as the other 100 joined it and began to surround me :censored:

I made my way back to the gate and left the buggers to it, shittin all over the place :laugh:

I desided to shadow John, I could see where he was in the distance, making his way slowly along a hedge.

Made my way over to a known warren and spotted one out.

Using the cover of the ferns I was able to get into a nice prone position, he was at 32yds.

Squeezed the trigger of the SE, and the pellet hit home with a nice crack, hardly a move, the rabbit was down.

Moved on after about 20 minutes, could still see John in the distance over the hedge.

Went down into what I call the bowl, but nothing showing after a good half hour.

Followed a hedge in the next field and spotted one out at around 80 yds, managed to get to 47yds and got down for the shot, the Scorpian coughed, and down went number two, only a small kit though.

Got back to the car, and met up with Rich and John.

Rich had done very well and had 6 good sized bunnies with some nice clean head shots, John had a couple too.

Although it was fairly quiet, we all had a nice stroll about, and a good hunt.

post-41269-0-99641100-1313137039_thumb.jpg

ATB.

Bill.

nice write up bill :thumbs:

The rifle looks the bisness mate, real nice looking bit of kit that, what scope is that? :thumbs:

Just one thing. . . .

Don't grenade launchers usualy go under the barrel . . . . . . .

Oh no wait, . . .

That's a sun shade :laugh:

Was toying with the idea of getting one myself, but as we live in england it was more going to be used for keeping rain of the objective lense and maybe even on a sunny day or two, wich we like to call summer :laugh:

.atb. .ste.

nice write up bill :thumbs:

The rifle looks the bisness mate, real nice looking bit of kit that, what scope is that? :thumbs:

Just one thing. . . .

Don't grenade launchers usualy go under the barrel . . . . . . .

Oh no wait, . . .

That's a sun shade :laugh:

Was toying with the idea of getting one myself, but as we live in england it was more going to be used for keeping rain of the objective lense and maybe even on a sunny day or two, wich we like to call summer :laugh:

.atb. .ste.

Hi Ste.

How ya doin me old fruit bat :laugh:....glad you enjoyed the read :thumbs:

Yes, the SE is a lovely bit of kit buddy, still getting to know her, but very pleased with the performance straight out of the box.

Good solid build, and the accuracy of the BSA Barrels.

The Scope is a Hawke Tac 30 half mil dot x20 mate, I thought my Sidewinder was good, but the Tac 30 takes some beating, very pleased with it.

As for the grenade launcher :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: thats where I keep my flask buddy :boogy:

It does look a bit OTT, but serves a very useful purpose, wouldnt be without it now, summer or winter :thumbs:

Well worth the investment Ste, try one out.

Put a good few pellets through her now, so will chrono properly soon, to how she is settling in.

Cheers for now me dear.

Bill.

i dont think it looks ott, it sets that combo up nicely mate :thumbs:

i'm all for "enhancements", if only it was that easy to add 3" to everything. . . . :whistling::laugh:

I may well give one a try, only problem is the sun shade will be worth more than my scope :laugh:

.atb. .ste. :thumbs:

i dont think it looks ott, it sets that combo up nicely mate :thumbs:

i'm all for "enhancements", if only it was that easy to add 3" to everything. . . . :whistling::laugh:

I may well give one a try, only problem is the sun shade will be worth more than my scope :laugh:

.atb. .ste. :thumbs:

Hi Ste.

I know what you mean mate........half inch shorter and they would have called me Willamina....not William :cray::laugh: :laugh:

If you sort a shade out, let us know what you think buddy :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

Im glad that you are enjoying yourself Bill and getting out with the SE.

Mine was camoed but i got fed up with it quick so stripped it again and then rubbed it down to bear wood and now its been stained antique pine 3 or 4 times and has been oiled with linseed oil.

Looks really nice now and is waiting me again in 8 weeks time when im back from Canada again.

Also got to agree about the Hawke Sidewinder tac 30 mate. I bought one new 2 weeks ago the 4-16x50mm mildot AO IR version and its the best scope ive used so far.

The reticle is nice and thin so small targets at long range dont get covered by the reticle on high mag and the glass is very very clear.

Si.

Im glad that you are enjoying yourself Bill and getting out with the SE.

Mine was camoed but i got fed up with it quick so stripped it again and then rubbed it down to bear wood and now its been stained antique pine 3 or 4 times and has been oiled with linseed oil.

Looks really nice now and is waiting me again in 8 weeks time when im back from Canada again.

Also got to agree about the Hawke Sidewinder tac 30 mate. I bought one new 2 weeks ago the 4-16x50mm mildot AO IR version and its the best scope ive used so far.

The reticle is nice and thin so small targets at long range dont get covered by the reticle on high mag and the glass is very very clear.

Si.

Hiya Si.

Thanks very much for your comment mate :thumbs:

I hope the time passes quickly for you, and your soon back home where you belong.

Antique pine, nice shade that Si, will look the mutts nuts when finnished :thumbs:

Glad your getting on with your Tac 30 too, very pleased with mine, crystal clear and sharp as a pin, great ret too.

You take care mate.

ATB.

Bill.

thats not a grenade launcher its a tank buster , nice bit of kit top class rifles the scorpions im thinking of buying my sons off him well iv got to buy him a aas410 then the scorpion is mine but its the mark 1 not as nice as yours but i still like it