Guest FTBBTH

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The future...

A dog that does what it was bred to do day-in, and day-out is a good dog..... nothing more.... nothing less. In doing so it earns it's name and some respect. It also earns it's place on the yard, and

Posted Images

CupaPrnjavorska_zps604d738e.jpg

10C0upaprnjavorska_zps9fed9c8c.jpg

CupaP_zpse59b0b25.jpg

Here you go Mosby.....Cupa.... the bitch I'm hoping will replace Sammy's mom, here soon. Someone forgot to tell these guys your not supposed to dig to jagds. Ooops! lol

Maybe we'll run her under Sammy and see what comes of it.

Looks like things got pretty busy down that hole. :)

CupaPrnjavorska_zps604d738e.jpg

10C0upaprnjavorska_zps9fed9c8c.jpg

CupaP_zpse59b0b25.jpg

Here you go Mosby.....Cupa.... the bitch I'm hoping will replace Sammy's mom, here soon. Someone forgot to tell these guys your not supposed to dig to jagds. Ooops! lol

Maybe we'll run her under Sammy and see what comes of it.

I don't think them photos are a very good advertisement for what humane digging is, especially on an open forum where anyone could get their grubby hands on them and use them on the anti sites. And what is the need for two dogs in the hole at once?

@Rabbit Hunter.... I removed the photos per your request. As for having two dogs in the hole, sometimes people use a bay dog and drop in a grittier type at the end of the dig, I'm not sure that was the case here nor do I care. They will likely do what works best where they do it.
@Pitdawg913....I thought we covered this a couple of days ago. Many of the areas we hunt are un-diggable..... The dogs work the rocks and you couldn't dig to them with a backhoe. To their credit they do what they were born for in very tough conditions. I've lost two dogs to ground this year. The one I mentioned to you earlier.. and another to a snake bite. Here are some pictures of them walking with my father before they have been released to hunt.

HPIM0581_zpsa70644aa.jpg
HPIM0563_zpsf302c0c5.jpg

• Like 1
Here is a picture of a pup after completing a drag... we tie a small piece of what ever critter we kill to a small string and drag it all over the place... we them release the pup at watch as it figures out the trail and the game of hide and seek. This is the reward game of tug of war at the end.

076-3.jpg

053-1.jpg
  • Like 1
As you can see we only use a very small piece so as not to make it too easy. They must follow the trail all on their own for over a hundred yards. The difficulty increases with age.

My youngest daughter and assistant Miss Molly Jo

037.jpg

• Like 2