Guest FTBBTH

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The future...

A dog that does what it was bred to do day-in, and day-out is a good dog..... nothing more.... nothing less. In doing so it earns it's name and some respect. It also earns it's place on the yard, and

Posted Images

i live outside the uk. if i have to chose between a jagdterrier and a fell/patterdale terrier.

Fell/Patterdale teriier all the way!! i've seen some jagds over here and there. they do not use them often to dig. more a big game hunting dog in germany etc. For digging there is nothing better than a patterdale! in my eyes the jagd terrier is OVERRATED. yes there are some good ones, but i think there are a higher % of good patterdales then there are jagds. atb Magpie_Hunter

There is also a higher percentage of junk patterdales bred for anything BUT digging. Facts are facts....getting a good terrier OF ANY KIND has more to do with who you get it from than what label you hang on it's ass. There are more patterdales bred for show and pets than there are jagdterriers in the whole US. :)

• Like 1

I'll bet you a dollar to a dime that more are bred as companion animals than workers.... and it wouldn't surprise me if it's by a margin of ten to one or better. Ten minutes of reading old posts on this forum will tell you you are right Accip74. Sure there are still great dogs being bred....But times have changed.

When I first worked black fell terriers, the general public had never heard of such a dog or 'patterdales', when you started seeing them being walked round shopping malls etc by pet owners....it was the beginning of the decline....

America too accip. It's about the quality of the individual not the breed. Look up fell terrier on google images and a bunch of smooth dogs and pet looking dogs doing agility comes up. I've seen jagds that do some amazing things. As far as a great fell vs a great jagd, it's a toss up. As far as earthwork, I haven't seen in person a better dog than the fells. But that's due to size more than style. And as far as people digging them, there are some fine lines for digging I'd love to have a go with.

• Like 1

CupaPrnjavorska_zps604d738e.jpg

10C0upaprnjavorska_zps9fed9c8c.jpg

CupaP_zpse59b0b25.jpg

Here you go Mosby.....Cupa.... the bitch I'm hoping will replace Sammy's mom, here soon. Someone forgot to tell these guys your not supposed to dig to jagds. Ooops! lol

Maybe we'll run her under Sammy and see what comes of it.

What country is that in mate? Is it Serbia, where you are importing your Jagds from?

No need for a strong dog there! Is this recent j

Probably a few months ago.... I owned her brother and two sisters. I gave one to a friend who took a couple of breedings off of her. I had hoped to get her back, but he sold her. I still have one sister and hope to bring this one here soon.

CupaPrnjavorska_zps604d738e.jpg

10C0upaprnjavorska_zps9fed9c8c.jpg

CupaP_zpse59b0b25.jpg

Here you go Mosby.....Cupa.... the bitch I'm hoping will replace Sammy's mom, here soon. Someone forgot to tell these guys your not supposed to dig to jagds. Ooops! lol

Maybe we'll run her under Sammy and see what comes of it.

What country is that in mate? Is it Serbia, where you are importing your Jagds from?

I have imported them from everywhere....This bitch is half Serb half Slovakian.