Hello all, I'm looking for some advice.

I want to fit a plug-in 'chip' to my 2007 2.5 Pathfinder in order to increase the engine torque and increase fuel economy.

There are plenty of these 'plug & go' units for sale on ebay etc.

I was just wondering what experience others have had and if there are any preferances.

Thanks.

I have had a two one on a X5 and one on a sprinter. Is all they do is remap the engine management system. None were any better on diesel but it makes the peak power more usable, max power normaly hi up revs say 2500rpm with a chip it brings max power down to around 1500-1800rpms. It makes your car feel more powerfull as you hit max power more often. Down side you lose your warrenty if any left, and top end power feels a bit flat. I had these a couple of years ago so might be bit better now. One thing you could do, who ever you are thinking of getting to do it they normaly have one that they have done they will let you have a go in it.

would love to get some more info on this myself. I spoke to a lad the other evening who mentioned his mate has a D40 Navara Outlaw which has been chipped and now coming back with near on 40 mpg on a run :hmm:? If this is the case its got to be worth thinking about.

Im yet to hear of or see any concrete evidence of a plug in box off ebay making a beneficial difference. Also as you dont really know what the actual map set up in it is, could potentially do damage to your engine. So id steer clear personally.

However...

A remap by a reputable company is highly recommended! Been in trucks producing more usable power and better fuel economy after remaps. And you know its set up for your vehicle by people who know what theyre talking about.

Sometimes the increased power fecks the clutch on some diesel models I have been reliably informed :cray:

Cheers, D.

That would be down to the driver and his "club foot" Ive no complaints with my box a real increase in fuel economy and its sorted out a flat spot in second gear and unlike a remap the original settings can be restored in a couple of mins

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...