Plummer terriers ( pre ban )

Guest FTBBTH

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Omega,its nice to hear a post from someone that thinks along the same lines as myself and you should stay active with your commonsense approach to terrierwork on this site,people are too entrenched in

I am new to the forum so I will just add my two penny worth. I used to be heavily into sensible, lawful and necessary working of terriers until I felt the sport was becoming ruined by idiots and petty

wirral i realy like your type of plumber and think yhey would suite my needs as i like a terrier 2 be an allrounder earth work tracking game and must be a good busher.u seem 2 no your stuff about them

CS and Wulf,its not about justification of you or your particular dogs its about the further improvement on the general conception of the plummer terrier as a breed,looks like your still on that political fence and unless you have a bit of heart about the dogs you keep then the plummer as a registered working dog will never lose its poor reputation,you are the guys that can bring some influence,being positive about the dogs you keep is not about self promotion but about getting the message out to those lads looking to find out more about plummer terriers,take pride in your ownership,I have nothing but admiration for my dogs,I have nothing to gain for myself by arguing for the plummer all the while but those involved in their registered lines or websites surely must feel some loyalty in their defence,I was under the illussion that all the main clubs had a publicity agent responsible for getting the positive message out to the general public,you cannot get your message out by sticking to your own closed membership websites,don't look for excuses or reasons why but HOW you can improve the breeds standing with the general public,you will not do it by observation and non-posting,I hope I've pricked a few consciences among you into moving yourselves for the breed and not personal gain,wirralman

• Like 2

CS and Wulf,its not about justification of you or your particular dogs its about the further improvement on the general conception of the plummer terrier as a breed,looks like your still on that political fence and unless you have a bit of heart about the dogs you keep then the plummer as a registered working dog will never lose its poor reputation,you are the guys that can bring some influence,being positive about the dogs you keep is not about self promotion but about getting the message out to those lads looking to find out more about plummer terriers,take pride in your ownership,I have nothing but admiration for my dogs,I have nothing to gain for myself by arguing for the plummer all the while but those involved in their registered lines or websites surely must feel some loyalty in their defence,I was under the illussion that all the main clubs had a publicity agent responsible for getting the positive message out to the general public,you cannot get your message out by sticking to your own closed membership websites,don't look for excuses or reasons why but HOW you can improve the breeds standing with the general public,you will not do it by observation and non-posting,I hope I've pricked a few consciences among you into moving yourselves for the breed and not personal gain,wirralman

Some very good points there , fair play to you :thumbs:

Guest dee mac

the plummer terrier threads can get me in a spin as some will have noticed and its not the dogs themselves that get on my wick but mainly the attitude of most of the owners its shocking too be honest now wirrall is talking there like a man who has a real love and knowledge of the breed and seems too want too improve the plummer and get rid of the bad rep they ve got among digging men by promoting them and trying too get them to a high standard .maybe if a few more of the plummer owners followed his leed and forgot about old blood new blood, not letting dogs be shown at the summer shows cause there over three years old ,colour ,size my clubs better than your club and the biggest crime in my eyes the silly money thats being asked then the plummer would be a lot safer and in better shape for the future and if someone offered me a plummer out of genuine parents that are worked too the best of there ability underground and it done a job for me i would be the fist man on here too tell everybody that would listen about it but then again the men with the genuine ones probably keep most of what they breed close among themselves and friends and are not worried about the money or the kennell club they just want too work and enjoy there prefared type of dog and fair play too them .

• Like 2

haha goldfinch i've been called worse things i suppose fella! obviously my attempt at tongue in cheek humour didnt translate well on the WWW.

the way i see it is there is no point arguing with people i have never met before (learned my lesson on that one!)

and Deemac that post pretty much sums it up in a nutshell but not every plummer owner is like that and the clubs are trying to get along but its not worth bothering lads on here with talk of plummer politics (there are plenty of other places for that!). Most have already made their minds up one way or the other and aren't going to change it because someone on here is telling them different - they would only believe when they see it with their own eyes.

• Like 1