WHY BULL X

Guest big e

Guest big e

I'm curious to know why people prefer to use the bull x when in my opinion a good collie grey is capable of doing the same job I'm not knocking the cross just not my cup of tea I'd like to know a bit about the history of the cross when it was introduced etc this isn't a topic for shit talk I'd like some sensible replies and like I said everyone to there own I'm not knocking the breed.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i am on my 3rd now, they are great dogs.What i like about them is there (Tenacity) they will bust a gut to catch there quarry, either big +small.The ones ive had great temps loved people and not bad

ive ran collie gryhounds in the past they are a very versatile dog but talking in pre ban tearms some collie crosses are capable at catching and killing foxes single handed but i think the going gets

mate not gonna argue with anyone on this subject anymore as most are idiotic and complete breed blind, so not gonna waste my breath As said most on here on this post are really showing the key board h

I'm curious to know why people prefer to use the bull x when in my opinion a good collie grey is capable of doing the same job I'm not knocking the cross just not my cup of tea I'd like to know a bit about the history of the cross when it was introduced etc this isn't a topic for shit talk I'd like some sensible replies and like I said everyone to there own I'm not knocking the breed.

as you know i keep the x they are all not as good as everyone makes theres out to be :thumbs: but they are the dog for me and they get the job done

I got a 3/8 5/8 and although I have to keep on top of his behaviour he is a good dog and they are a good versatile dog they can handle most things you put them on no matter how big or small as where some dog may need to double up for moral support of course, obviously I'm not talking all x's but that's what advantage I feel the bull x has IMO

I prefer my dogs to have bull in them i think it gives them a really good prey drive that cnt b matched by adding any other breed into the lurcher make up, ran many diffrent x's over the years but now its gotta have bull in jst my opion

i am on my 3rd now, they are great dogs.What i like about them is there (Tenacity) they will bust a gut to catch there quarry, either big +small.The ones ive had great temps loved people and not bad with other dogs.I treat them just like any other lurcher, my pup Tod 3/8 bull 5/8 grey as been a pleasure to bring on.He is biddable,great with kids+ dogs, great with stock from 12 weeks old had him with sheep and he is brill . I know that having my other dog Bryn my 1x collie grey as made life very easy with Tod, as he as learned loads of Bryn and it was piss easy to train as Tod just done the same as Bryn. You have to be honest with your self when you get a bullx, they will never be the best rabbit dog and most arnt used just for rabbits any way, as there are better xs out there. And for me if you going to get the (best) out of this x , i think you need at least 3/8 or 1x to get the full benefit of the bull. Ive had 1/4 bull 3/4 grey and great dog, but that bit extra bull really does make the differnce. If you get a good'un well bred, they are a honest x that will give 100% day+night, and you carnt ask for no more can you.!!!

• Like 4

i have seen my fare share of bull x..ive seen some that are wise and do as told.. and i have seen others that are stupid, when trying 2 jump a gate and jump in to it, and when they decide not too listen and end up at the bottom of a mounting..bull x is a handy tool for the job, but its not for me..CWN-HELA

i don,t think you can,nt compare bullx and collie x ,you can get half descent bullx and it will do stuff the best colliex won,t do ,but then if he get 1 of those 1 off bullx then theirs not a x would want in your kennels ,

ive ran collie gryhounds in the past they are a very versatile dog but talking in pre ban tearms some collie crosses are capable at catching and killing foxes single handed but i think the going gets tough i think the percentage of collie crosses that throw the towl in is alot higher than a bull cross throwing the towl in.Where a good bull cross will go in and get the job done collie bred lurchers tend to use there ten pence as too say, i think when they see pearles the old red like flashes in there heads if you know what i mean.

• Like 2

Mate, there is no way a collie cross is capable of doing the same job. Its dogs for jobs, collie cross' are very good at some things, saluki cross' are good at some things and same for a good bull cross......

Mate, there is no way a collie cross is capable of doing the same job. Its dogs for jobs, collie cross' are very good at some things, saluki cross' are good at some things and same for a good bull cross......

collie cross r very could at there job roundin sheep up :whistling: saluki x and bull cross x 4 me every time :thumbs:

not been funny mate but theres no collie greyhound in the u,k that can can do every think a good bull breed dose no chance

• Like 1