Colin Update....

We showed the black and white nightmare a ferret last week and its fair to say he was rather cautious with it. Still, i guess this is a good thing.

had a walk this morning with the little chap and we headed to a place under some chestnut trees that i knew a roe or two would be knocking about. its not easy to approach deer unseen with a partly white pup gimping about all over the place, but luckily i spotted a fine buck from 200 yards away and had a close look with the scope. it was the same one i saw previous and once he is clean and in season he is going to get it. a fine 6 point head. never the less, in front of him feeding was a doe. I watched for perhaps 2 minutes and decided she wasnt heavy in young and decided to make a shot. luckily there was a fence post in front of me in some brambles so i had a firm rest. by now both deer were looking at me and i dropped the doe with a perfect heart /lungs shot. :yes: it took a while for Colin to get over a small stream but after a few dramatics he was soon scenting the grouhd where the roe had been, finaly making a steady approach to the dead doe. Only out of the car 20 minutes and a good result. colins learnt a little bit more and i have my eye on a buck..... ;) the doe was bagged just over the border. :yes:

thl

thl

Guest Lurcherbitch

I hope your getting this on video....perdy's progress comes to mind ;) . What is the book gonna be called? :victory: .

Wish you did this last year as i'm just bringing my pup on....But if you keep posting i'll keep reading, me n my pup are just messers atm. But my god has she got potential. keep it coming me n pup need all the help we can get ;) :kiss: .

I hope your getting this on video....perdy's progress comes to mind ;) . What is the book gonna be called? :victory: .

Wish you did this last year as i'm just bringing my pup on....But if you keep posting i'll keep reading, me n my pup are just messers atm. But my god has she got potential. keep it coming me n pup need all the help we can get ;) :kiss: .

w will have to have a walk in the woods over summer.....just to train the pup mind..... :kiss: :laugh:

Guest Lurcherbitch

w will have to have a walk in the woods over summer.....just to train the pup mind..... :kiss: :laugh:

[/quote

Anyone who wants to take me into the woods at my age is a mercanary :laugh: and i'm his :laugh: see ya soon. :victory: