my ferret is very sick

What's the chance of it getting better with vet treatment? Out of curiosity?

more chance than if he doesnt,dont you think?

There's always one.

Yes mate, i know that, and would advise him to get it to the vets.

What i meant was, does anyone have any experience of a ferret with a serious uterine infection responding well to anti-biotics, or any serious infection that a ferret has come back from through the use of anti biotics?

Just wanted to know for reference.

sad fact they mainly dont recover

Aye, that's my thoughts. It's a very tough place to shift an infection from.

How did you get on shifting your infunction? :sick: Sorry ideation :laugh:

stig, Jills and hobs come into season usually once a year. For a jill it's called estrus. She will bleed and swell in the beginning and the bleeding become a watery discharge. Staying in this state can cause infection for obvious reasons. She can also have other deadly health risks.

My link

It is easy enough to find basic information on the net. :thumbs:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the reason why it is dangerous to leave jills in season: they are like cats: if they are not mated they stay in season all summer until the days shorten, and the chances of them getting an inf

Why dont people animals take animals to the vet instead of posting on a forum. f*****g winds me up. As to the first reply, would you do same to your best working dog?   Seeing a vet when an animal

Stop wasting her time posting on forums and get the poor bloody thing to a vet and pray that its not too late for them to do something for her

There's always one.

What i meant was, does anyone have any experience of a ferret with a serious uterine infection responding well to anti-biotics, or any serious infection that a ferret has come back from through the use of anti biotics?

sad fact they mainly dont recover

Aye, that's my thoughts. It's a very tough place to shift an infection from.

How did you get on shifting your infunction? :sick: Sorry ideation :laugh:

stig, Jills and hobs come into season usually once a year. For a jill it's called estrus. She will bleed and swell in the beginning and the bleeding become a watery discharge. Staying in this state can cause infection for obvious reasons. She can also have other deadly health risks.

My link

It is easy enough to find basic information on the net. :thumbs:

thanks -- not into ferrets but bit more the wiser now :thumbs:

ok i`m intrigued by this jill in season thing and how it works --- will someone spell it out for me i sort of get the gist of it ..

ferrets go into an extended season governed by the lengthening daylight hours in the spring & don't come out of it until either they're mated or the nights draw in.

The same hormone jab that's used to suppress a season in a Bitch can be used to bring a jill out of season, although a lower dose is needed.

A hob ferret who has had a vasectomy can also mate with the jill and bring her out of season.

Some people will insist that a jill must be brought out of season one way or another or she will die or explode or something, while some people will insist that a a jill can be kept perfectly well through a season until she comes out naturally by making sure it's living area is kept clean. With the Jill's genitals being swollen and moist, there is a higher risk of it picking up a nasty infection if not kept in very clean conditions.

Of course it's all open to debate, and it's quite likely that some pet ferret owning harpy will pipe up and tell me how I'm totally wrong and should be shot... :whistling::laugh::thumbs:

cheers malt along the lines of what i was thinking -- cleared it up for me now :thumbs:

Is this a fekin joke,,,

Ah`ve just seen this thread,, what the fuks gaun oan here!!! this is the end oh July ffs,, this shite starts in May,,so why the f**k is it still appearing,,,

AAARRRGGGHHHHHHH nae wonder ah`ve nae hair !!

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFUUUUUUUKKKKKIIIIIINNNNNNSSSSSAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

hi lads i have a jill and she is 10 months old and she has been in heat for more than 4 months .

i took her out today and her back legs wouldnt work and she has yellow fluid coming out of her private it has red markins around it.

she is my first ferret so im not an expert or any thing,has this ever happened to your jills or could u help me please!!

cheers

she is f****d mate yuo shouldent have left her that long

gotta be a wind up surely,,the bloke only posted he first post on here.....then hes not posted f**k all since then......perhaps its dead n hes ashamed.......

aye and so he should be the fella whats to go back to basics or give it up all together :icon_redface:

There's always one.

Once had a jill at death's door with pneumonia and she came right with antibiotics and went on to graft hard for years after that despite scarred lungs.

Not uterine infections but a serious infection nevertheless.

hi lads i have a jill and she is 10 months old and she has been in heat for more than 4 months .

i took her out today and her back legs wouldnt work and she has yellow fluid coming out of her private it has red markins around it.

she is my first ferret so im not an expert or any thing,has this ever happened to your jills or could u help me please!!

cheers

put a spade through its neck or shoot it in the head its the best for the ferret